Advanced Support Engineer (f/m/x) - Worldwide
24 days ago
Graylog: Empowering Threat Detection Incident Response Solutions with Cutting-Edge Technology Graylog specialises in delivering top-notch Threat Detection Incident Response (TDIR) solutions, backed by our latest addition, the Graylog API security platform. As a renowned centralised log management (CLM) and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) provider, we offer unparalleled fast and efficient log analysis capabilities in critical areas such as security, compliance, operations, and DevOps.Our enterprise solution enables organisations globally to capture, store, and analyse terabytes of machine data in near-real time while our open-source product has been deployed in more than 50,000 installations worldwide, empowering individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.We're a remote-friendly company with locations in Hamburg, Munich, London, Boulder, and headquarters in Houston, TX. If you live near an office and want to be part of said office great. Nearish to an office and want to have the ability to hot desk? No problem, and if you're not near an office and wish to work remotely, all good!Several recent achievements for Graylog have been we were included in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, 2023 Gold Globee award for cyber security DevOps, and most recently we took home two of the most prestigious cybersecurity awards in SIEM and DevSecOps from Cyber Defence Magazine at RSA this year.
Who we’re looking for;Our Advanced Support Engineers have the ability to support, build, and maintain working knowledge and expertise of our products and services.As an Advanced Support Engineer here at Graylog you’ll possess a true passion for working with customers in solving challenging problems.The Advanced Support Engineer will join an established, dedicated, passionate, growing customer success organization that prides itself on remaining up to date with the technology relevant to supporting and providing the best service to our customers.Just a few of the things it takes to be successful here;·Ability to build and maintain working knowledge and expertise of our products and services.·Passionate about working directly with the customer and solving their challenges.·Desire to remain up to date with the technologies that are relevant for supporting our customers.·Openness, collaboration, useful innovation, ownership, and a commitment to do the right thing!The Advanced Support Engineer should be based in Germany and will report to our Manager, Customer Support based in the US.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Work closely with our customers to support deployment, upgrade, and architectural improvements of Graylog environments.
- Become a subject matter expert on the Graylog platform and create a wealth of knowledge to be shared with internal teams and customers.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and escalation for inbound customer issues from triage to resolutions (Tier I,II,III).
- Provide guidance and in-the-moment coaching to team members as necessary.
- Serve as liaison and customer advocate within internal teams.
- Be the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to assist product and engineering in improving our solution.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the Graylog portfolio of products and services.
Graylog’s tech stack;
- Java, ElasticSearch, OpenSearch and MongoDB on Linux
- Maven, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
Little bit about you;
- Demonstrable experience in customer-facing/ front-line technical support or solution engineering.
- Previous hands-on experience with log management, SIEM, or other analysis solutions.
- Hands-on experience in deployment, configuration, integration, and maintenance of distributed computing environments.
- Advanced experience in Linux/ Unix system administration and application support.
- Working knowledge in managing/ supporting full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing concepts, technologies, and platforms (in particular AWS).
- Ability to be independently productive whilst still being a contributing team member to a global dispersed team.
- Reside in Germany (we have offices in Hamburg Munich you could use)
- Fluent in spoken written English German
Just some of the reasons why to join Graylog;
- Opportunity to work with a globally distributed and diverse team
- Grow and develop professionally and personally in a fast-growing environment
- Choice of latest equipment to help you succeed
- Monthly allowance to support your commute costs and support outfitting your work-from-home environment
Our values;Openness- As a global company, we encourage our people to bring their backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives to our collective work. We lead with integrity and are committed to doing what is best for the Graylog community. Collaboration- Through mutual respect, trust, and candid communication across all teams, we deliver the best ideas and results. Useful Innovation- We take calculated risks to find new ways to innovate. By continuously improving ourselves, processes, and technologies, we deliver the best solution for our customers. Ownership- As owners, we take the initiative to solve internal and external problems while supporting peer success and holding ourselves accountable for delivering the best work. We do this from a place of high trust. Do the Right Thing!- Comfort and safety come from knowing that everyone will do the right thing, even when nobody's looking. For further information please submit an application and a member of the Graylog People Team will be in touch.
Originally posted on Himalayas