Advertising Business Development Manager - Worldwide
25 days ago
ABOUT THE TEAMThe Hopper Merch Ads team sells ad placements on the Hopper app and affiliate sites. We sell directly to clients who are mainly travel companies such as Destination Management Organizations (DMOs), Airlines, Airports, Hotels, and their marketing agencies. We offer a growing, innovative set of media products through which the clients can promote their brand and drive sales on Hopper’s sites.
ABOUT THE ROLEThe Ads Business Development Manager (BDM) identifies, solicits, and obtains advertising orders from a set of target accounts within an assigned segment and/or geographic territory. The BDM targets travel companies but may also sell to companies in other industries with an interest in advertising to Hopper users. The BDM will work against a sales quota and can earn a commission if they achieve sales targets set by management. Some travel is required to industry events and client meetings.
- Work independently to secure media spend commitments for Hopper from a range of travel and travel related companies
- Identify opportunities with prospective Hopper advertisers and their media agencies and own the client acquisition cycle from first contact to close
- Collaborate with a Hopper Campaign Manager to manage relationships with clients to maximize ongoing media spend and campaign ROI
- Present campaign results using Hopper’s analytical tools and GSuite products
- Advocate within Hopper for operational and product work that enables more media sales to new and existing clients.
- Sell Hopper ad products at relevant trade shows and conferences
- 5+ years of sales experience at high-growth technology companies, with a track record of closing at least $1M of business quarterly
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to craft data driven, targeted pitches to each sales prospect
- Experience tracking communicating sales results through a professional CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Ability to create reports and use analytical and data visualization tools
- Comfortable working in a remote environment with a globally distributed team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred candidates will have 3+ years working for a travel or travel tech company and ad sales experience
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about HopperAt Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to gain market share globally.Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth: Hopper sells $6 billion worth of travel and travel fintech every year; 2022 sales were up 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent around 50% of Hopper’s total app revenue. Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership, Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other partners include Marriott, Uber, Agoda, CommBank and many more to be announced. Hopper Cloud now comprises more than 50% of Hopper's business; Hopper Cloud made around as much in 2022 as all of the Hopper app did in 2021.Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 100 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America. Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace. Come take off with us!
Originally posted on Himalayas