Agricultural Field Surveyor (Vilnius, Lithuania) - Worldwide
23 days ago
About Agreena Agreena is an exciting, dynamic and purpose-oriented organisation united in a mission to drive impact for farmers and the climate. While we’re rooted in agriculture, finance and technology, our team of experts range from soil carbon scientists and software developers to market strategists and regulatory affairs experts. More than 30 nationalities are gathered under the common Agreena flag – either working from our headquarters in Copenhagen or remotely across Europe.Our company offers a supportive and positive work environment with opportunities for learning, leading and growth no matter where you are in your professional journey. We believe in giving our employees a lot of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking, innovation and fun.
Agricultural Data CollectionAgricultural data collection from August 2023 to June 2024 across Lithuania Agreena is seeking part-time seasonal agricultural data collection contractors across Lithuania to help with in-field data collection as part of ongoing sustainability projects tracking regenerative agricultural practices in agrifood supply chains.
- Travelling to local designated areas of interest and collecting information including which crop is being grown and the level of tillage intensity.
- Following a simple protocol to document the required type data per field
- Logging the information for each field on a mobile device using an easy to use app.
- The field surveys are conducted from the roadside. Uploading data daily.
- Travel may be required to farms in your assigned region, which will be determined based on your geographic location
- An iPhone/Android phone or tablet to run our data collection app
- A valid driver’s licence
- Your own car to travel to the assigned location
- Experience working in agriculture to a level where you can reliably and confidently identify major crops and the type and intensity of tillage performed.
Timeline:This work will take place from August 2023 to June 2024The work is flexible to your schedule as you choose the number of hours and when you work but a minimum of 8 hours (1 day) per week is required.
- Employment is contract based and all surveyors are self-employed, meaning all tax responsibilities are that of the contractors
- Payment will be made per data point collected
- The average payment for a full day of data collection (8 hours collecting) is 120 - 150 Euro plus the expenses listed below:
Originally posted on Himalayas