Associate Product Marketing Manager - Worldwide
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager at Fleetio, you will help execute our Product Marketing strategy and continue to gain broad exposure to the Product Marketing discipline. You are eager to bring the voice of the customer, research insights, and an understanding of our personas/ICPs, and able to create messaging that resonates through thought leadership and enablement to drive revenue and product adoption.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
We’re looking for a curious, collaborative, and experienced Product Marketer to join our team to evangelize Fleetio and help articulate its features and benefits.
Fleetio (pronounced "flee-tee-oh”) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have been recognized as Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work five years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and have over 5000 paying customers in 70+ countries. It’s an exciting time at Fleetio as we’re growing 50+% year on year and have just closed our Series C round led by our incredible investment partner, Elephant. We’re building the fleet management platform of the future – the single screen for fleet managers to drive their businesses forward.
More about our product and company:
- Fleetio product overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
- Check us out on Glassdoor (i.e., people love working here): https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fleetio-Reviews-E1745407.htm
What you'll be doing
- Be the voice of the customer — talk to customers to understand their unique needs, how they use our products and how Fleetio makes their jobs and lives easier
- Use your industry knowledge, combined with an understanding of our product’s value, to collaborate with the rest of the Product team to build value messaging and positioning for the Fleetio platform and products
- Coordinate product launches and go-to-market plans in collaboration with product management, customer success, marketing, and sales teams - building ongoing momentum for our teams that lead to customer acquisition and retention
- Execute ongoing market and competitive research as part of product discovery, points of differentiation, and areas of opportunity through one-to-many research methods and one-to-one customer/prospective customer conversations
- Understand our customer personas and document the customer journey, both in and out-of-product, to be able to make decisions that inform our go-to-market plans and resonate with our audience
- Partner with Enablement to ensure our customer-facing teams are prepared to represent Fleetio and its overall product value in the market, driving demand and customer advocacy
- Contribute to PMM-wide initiatives and process improvements to our launch readiness, research strategies, messaging frameworks, and enablement efforts, working collaboratively across the organization
- May be required to act as a thought leader for products externally, including speaking engagements and written works, as well as internally through influencing decision-making, presenting business cases and updates to stakeholders
- Contribute and track OKRs and goals that drive business impact, including business revenue, product adoption, and retention
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What's in it for you
- Join a high-performing, highly impactful (and highly supportive) Product Marketing team with a voice through the Product organization, influencing product roadmaps and driving strong collaboration through go-to-market efforts.
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
The ideal candidate is an effective translator between product value and customer needs. They have the ability to gather, digest, and translate the technical information provided by engineers, product managers, the customer pains/gains/jobs, and the competitive environment for the benefit of the customer and their end-users.
- 1-2 years of experience in product marketing
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS company (Fleet industry is a plus)
- Self-driven and actively looking for opportunities to learn and share those learnings with the Product Marketing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Whether writing or speaking, you’re able to express ideas clearly and powerfully, always taking into consideration brand voice and intended audience
- Creative thinker with the ability to present our products and value propositions in a fresh, inventive way while staying true to brand look and feel
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and efficiently, managing projects with many moving parts
- Exceptional research skills through both primary and secondary research methods to allow for immersion into the tech and fleet spaces
- Knowledge of Asana, Salesforce CRM, marketing automation, and other product marketing tools (e.g., Marketo, Figma, Chameleon, Gong, etc.)
- Proven track record of problem-solving in an innovative environment
- Knows and understands how businesses work, strategies and techniques to impact both customer experience and bottom line
- A committed desire to understand our customers needs and the problems were trying to solve
- A proven track record of strong cross-functional collaboration
- Can manage through unclear situations, finding a way forward without all the facts, comfortable making a decision without the complete picture
- Self-motivated and enjoys a fast-paced environment
Considered a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or a relevant field preferred
- Product Marketing Alliance, Pragmatic Institute or similar Product Marketing training is a major plus
- Experience working on a Mobile product is a plus
- A strong understanding of product adoption for dual users (web and mobile app) is an asset
- Basic working knowledge with Business Intelligence (BI) and Data tools is a plus
- Comfortable speaking at internal and external events
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or
Originally posted on Himalayas