AWS Cloud Architect, Accelerator - Worldwide
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, machine identities are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that manages and protects machine identities, the most important security initiative in our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cybercriminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
As an Accelerator Architect at Venafi, you’ll be part of an extremely motivated, dedicated, and experienced team that protects many of the largest organizations in the world.
Venafi is seeking a highly motivated, proactive, and customer-focused Accelerator Architect that can translate and deliver upon our customers’ business and technical Machine Identity Management needs. In this role you will demonstrate expertise with the Venafi Trust Protection Platform by preparing and delivering specialized solution workshops, evaluating existing business processes, proposing process improvements, and tracking the success of a customer’s Machine Identity Management program.
An Accelerator Architect is responsible for ensuring the success of multiple customer accounts. You will serve as both a customer advocate within Venafi as well as a Venafi subject matter expert within the customer organization. The ability to actively maintain close working relationships with all groups across the Venafi team, partner organizations, and customer organizations is crucial.
Machine Identity is a critical component of a secure enterprise and permeates every technology in the enterprise. As a result, a successful Accelerator Architect has wide-ranging experience with a variety of IT related technologies. As every organization shifts towards automated processes, cloud-technologies and DevOps methodologies, experience in these spaces become increasingly important. The ideal Accelerator Architect can confidently demonstrate to developer and cloud teams how Machine Identity Management increases security posture, streamlines processes and is able to document patterns and blueprints to provide compelling solutions in this space.
This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity to become a leader in the emerging space of Machine Identity Management while leveraging existing technical knowledge across a wide variety of industry technologies. This is a remote position that will require approximately 20% travel to the customer sites and Venafi headquarters.
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 7+ years of consulting experience working within enterprise IT environments
- A strong desire to drive success through technical mentorship and establishing effective working relationships with customers.
- Proven business acumen to be able to determine the critical business problems to be solved and to articulate the solution to customers.
- Experience automating Machine Identity Management using the Venafi Trust Protection Platform.
- Experience with modern containerization and associated technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
- Direct working experience with cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Proficiency with orchestration and CI/CD technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with technologies that heavily use TLS/SSL encryption (e.g. F5, NetScaler, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.) desirable.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Proven experience successfully working with sales, client IT, and client end-user groups in high-pressure situations.
What sets you apart?
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification highly preferred.
- Previous experience in a consultative, sales engineer, or enterprise architect role.
- Software development training and experience.
- Experience with Venafi Trust Protection Platform (Recent VSA certification).
- Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP)
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a virtual first collaborative environment, Venafi offers a benefits package that is in the top 10%. We provide 90% employer-paid premiums for both team members and their families for medical insurance and 100% employer-paid premiumsfor both team members and their families for dental and vision insurance. We have an uncapped Open PTO (Paid Time Off) policy so team members have maximum flexibility to take time off. Additionally, we offer eleven company holidays and encourage taking time to volunteer in your community. We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer-paid life insurance, and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!
Pay Range Disclosure:
The anticipated pay range for this position is $111,000 to $131,000. This is a general estimate for informational purposes only. The actual salary offered will be determined based on the candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience, and skills.
*Upon review of the candidates and based on the objective factors listed above, this position may be filled at a higher or lower tier.
Originally posted on Himalayas