Bengali (India) language Linguistic QA Tester (Remote in the US) - Worldwide
27 days ago
Are you a tech-savvy language enthusiast with a passion for quality? If so, we have an exceptional opportunity for you to utilize your language skills and enhance products for Bengali speaking users both locally and globally. Join our team as a Linguistic Tester and embark on an exciting journey to enhance user experiences. As part of the QA Testing process for emerging technology, you'll have the opportunity to test innovative apps, e-courses, marketing materials and a variety of captivating projects.This is a rare chance to unleash your love for language and put your language skills to work, making a real difference. Job Title: QA Linguistic Tester Location: Remote in the US Hourly Rate: $20 (Negotiable based on experience) Hours: Part-Time (Hours vary based on project need and demand) Schedule: Set your own hours within Welocalize business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Pacific) Start date: ASAP Employment Status: Freelance Must have valid work authorization in the US (Welocalize does not sponsor VISAs at this time)Please note that this work is part-time depending on project need. Due to this, hours will vary and flexibility with a changing schedule is very important.
- Proficiency in Bengali as it is spoken in India (Linguistic competency in target language equal to the following: ILR Level 5 or CEF C2)
- Excellent written/verbal communication in English (for bug reporting purposes), ability to follow written testing instructions in English
- Up-to-date awareness of current and common technical language usage in the target language
- Knowledge of common technological terms in English and the target language
- Strong practical knowledge of computers and mobile devices, Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent MAC or OpenOffice) and various browsers.
- Basic knowledge of smart phones (iPhone or Android)
- Localization QA experience is preferred
- Flexibility with varying hours
- Write and report relevant errors using various bug tracking softwares
- Evaluate the quality of translation in your native language within the given context
- Be a subject matter Expert for linguistic issues in the target language
- Be able to research and resolve linguistic questions
- Adhere to project specific quality standards, trademarks, style guides, checklists and glossaries
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems (connecting to the internet, switching between Languages etc.)
- Communicate effectively and escalate testing issues
- Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner
What to expect·Working on projects with leading tech companies·Learn and develop skills with an experienced Testing Team·Gain hands-on experience in the world of localization·Develop quality assurance testing skills that can be used across multiple industriesCome aboard our dynamic team, working with cutting-edge content and making a real impact in the world of localization.
Originally posted on Himalayas