Business Systems Analyst - Worldwide
Finexio is the leader in AP Payments as a Service, the leading embedded payments approach for business to business payments. Finexio simplifies the way businesses process and receive B2B payments by integrating electronic payments and cash flow improvement solutions directly into customers’ accounts payable and procurement software.
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide “what” to pay- Finexio’s software seamlessly handles the “how” and the “when”.
We are growing revenue over 100% per year and are a leading disruptor in the B2B Payments and Fintech industry. The company has raised over $65m in investment and is backed by investors JP Morgan, Discover, NBH Bank, Mendon Venture Partners, and Valley Bank. These investors believe in the mission and technology so much so they are also customers and partners.
Finexio is committed to delivering an exceptional experience to all our potential customers. The Business Systems Analyst will work to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions. Support revenue opportunities by partnering with cross functional teams and help understand customer and partner challenges while showcasing how Finexio can solve customer problems.
In this role the Business Systems Analysts will consult with stakeholders to gather and define requirements; configure and implement new systems and/or enhance existing systems; write and execute test plans; troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues; deliver training and guidance to end users and system/service owners; develop and maintain system documentation; prepare robust reports to enhance strategic business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years operational/business analytics experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with pertinent Microsoft software and online tools such as Jira, ClickUp, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Proactive Detail-oriented
- SME in banking/payments processing with 2 years as payments BSA strongly preferred
- Advanced understanding of banking/payments applications and/or regulations, including knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Ability to effectively use project management applications.
- Familiarity with SDLC processes.
- Ability to effectively present to all levels of management.
- Ability to coordinate between Product and business units.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to help the team meet project milestones and delivery dates.
- Responsible for preparing well-documented functional requirements and/or specifications for use in stories/tasks on assigned projects. This should include detailed acceptance criteria, including positive and negative scenarios, to aid in the development and execution of test plans and test cases.
- Working closely with the Product Managers (PMs), serve as requirements lead on complex projects for assigned products or applications. Involves scheduling and facilitating project team meetings for the purpose of gathering requirements, documenting outcomes, and distributing meeting minutes as applicable.
- Meet with business/client teams to discuss requested application changes related to an enterprise-wide or business initiative, compliance/regulatory requirement, required system change due to contractual agreement or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of specifications for assigned applications.
- Participate in design discussions and document/deliver required functional specifications.
- Ensure requests align with the PM’s strategic direction for their product or application.
- Review business requirements with Technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
- Participate in meetings with Product Managers and lines of business to identify their requirements in how an application looks and feels to the end user and provide feedback to clients regarding business requirements to ensure technology applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services.
- Ensure documentation guidelines are followed to ensure adherence to corporate standards and regulatory/audit requirements.
- Coordinate with architect to obtain T-shirt sizing and LOE estimates for large projects, work with Program Manager and Engineering Lead for alignment on timelines and project phases.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) to advise on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like a major change in products/services provided to customers.
- Work with vendor and technical teams to gain a thorough understanding of project functionality and provide insight on implementation impacts.
- Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion, and acquisition-related projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
- Work with other testing teams, when applicable, to prepare test plans and scripts based on functional specifications; manage and/or execute test cases verifying that changes and enhancements work as required to ensure PM sign off.
- Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected performance. Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported, and resolved as required.
- Serve as functional SME with other project team members on other systems that impact the project
- Monitor functional requirements/specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to Product and Technology standards and customer needs.
- Ensure change requests are consistently documented, reviewed, and resolved to ensure application is working to support products/services required by internal/external customers. Update documentation accordingly.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management and notify Program Manager.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Why You’ll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
- Employee Engagement – Quarterly virtual team building activities and monthly team lunches
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
Compensation: $ 90,000 - $110,000 + equity potential bonus.
Originally posted on Himalayas