Companies worldwide are looking for you. Apply for the remote apprenticeship or internship role you want. Employers and hiring managers are searching for excellent people to be part of their company remotely as apprentices and interns.
User Research Intern (Summer 2021) in Remote
In more normal times, our roughly 100-person team orbits a “main” office of about 30 in San Francisco, with smaller clusters spread around the world. Our work style combines an in-person culture in the S.F. office with remote-inclusive practices emphasizing live conversations by video call and fast and slow chat on Slack. This has made for a painless transition to fully remote work.
About the RoleBrave is looking for a User Research Intern, preferably located within 3 or less time zones from San Francisco, to be part of our design team this summer 2021. Over the course of this 8-week paid internship, you’ll be exposed to the full product design and development process at a fast-paced startup. You’ll conduct user research on a variety of projects, develop a deep understanding of our users, and influence the direction of product development. Guidance is embedded into the internship, but you will also be expected to identify research opportunities and be self-motivated to execute and operate independently as our user researcher. The ideal candidate already possesses what it takes to fill an entry-level User Researcher role.
Pay: This is a paid internship. You will be paid an hourly rate of $25/hour.Program length: June 15, 2021 – August 15, 2021 (8 weeks)Location: Fully remote
Responsibilities● Perform tasks in the complete user research cycle, including requirements gathering, structuring studies, recruiting participants, executing, analyzing data, forming product recommendations, and distributing findings● Collaborate with product, design, and marketing to identify research areas and develop hypotheses● Discern the best UX research technique to use in the face of time and value constraints in a startup environment● Independently run research projects on several product design topics● Uncover areas of opportunity and follow-up with actionable recommendations backed by evidence● Communicate research findings, recommendations and rationale to the design and product team, marketing, engineers, and the company at large● Craft and execute research plans with a mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies● Help set up and manage a pipeline of preferred users we involve continuously in research● Contribute to best practices for a lean research function at Brave● Coordinate research training initiatives for the design team● Increase user empathy across the organization● Participate in and contribute to design critiques
Required Skills and Experience● Pursuing an advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related program (or equivalent/demonstrable work experience)● A portfolio showcasing past user research work and deliverables● Experience with recruiting coordination, conducting user research, and remote studies● Deep knowledge of UX research techniques, including the strengths and limitations of each● Comfortable structuring user research around shifting priorities● A collaborative and empathic approach to partnering with design, product, and engineering teams and influencing product direction● A deep curiosity about people and their underlying motivations● Understanding of the latest UX best practices● Able to explain complex topics clearly and simply for different audiences● Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills● Strong observational and analytical skills● Able to give and receive structured feedback
Nice-to-Have● Experience with Userlytics● User research in international markets● Experience using Figma (our primary tool)● Basic prototyping skills using Figma, Keynote or other tools● Interest in the privacy & security space● Enthusiasm for Brave’s mission
User Experience Designer Intern / Working Student in Berlin | Remote
We are looking for a working student in product design, who can work together closely with the founders, product, and engineering to craft a beautiful product at the bleeding edge of machine learning and workflow automation. You will be one of a few, who will make design decisions that provide our users with AI superpowers.
About LevityLevity develops the simplest AI development experience in the world.At Levity, we believe that artificial intelligence provides huge opportunities for all different kinds of companies and that its use will ultimately become inevitable for any company to succeed in increasingly competitive markets. We, therefore, aim to enable every company to benefit from artificial intelligence. To achieve this, we are building a platform, which allows companies to build custom AI solutions, based on their company-specific data and use cases, without the need to write a single line of code.
What you will be doing
- You will be part of the UX team, working closely with the founders to achieve beautiful user-centric experiences for our product.
- You will be building quick prototypes to help the product team validate and testing concepts and uncover additional insights and opportunities.
- You will organize, manage and create components in the design system considering consistency and scalability.
- You will be involved in the entire process of product development, from ideation to research and execution.
- You will be assisting the Growth team with creating assets for online campaigns, social media engagement, and cross-channel ads.
- Optimize existing designsYou might also conduct or support primary user research studies with potential customer and users to gain user insights around met, unmet, stated, and unstated needs
- You might also conduct or support secondary research efforts including analytics, user recordings and feedback, survey results, and other sources of user behaviour
Who you are
- 4th semester Bachelor or higher / a degree in Design/gap year students
- Experience: You have an inspiring portfolio to showcase a variety of UX projects - either through working on real products or through extracurricular projects.
- Tool-savvy: Figma needs to feel like a second home to you - designing screens and building prototypes are not a challenge to you. Any further experience with design or illustration software is a plus.
- Great sense of aesthetics: Aesthetic product design is something that is greatly cherished at Levity. You will need a great sense of aesthetics and you must be able to design screens with the same degree of attention to detail
- User-centric: You’re always on the lookout for what the customer needs and able to back it with quantitative and qualitative data. Strong design thinking skills
- Reliable: You stick to your word and you have a good understanding of what you can do, and what you can’t
- Doer: You get things done, whoever and whatever it takes
- Collaborative: You enjoy working as part of a strong team
- Coachable: You absorb data and feedback easily, adapting and improving quickly
- Language: You excel in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated interested in technology startups & AI
- Prior experience in product design for Saas
What's in it for you
- Salary: Unpaid internships do not exist at Levity. You will receive a fair and competitive salary.Keep learning:
- Working directly with the founders and an experienced team from all over the world will give you ample opportunity to grow and test your skills.
- Make an impact. We want our team to have a voice, and you will help shape the future of Levity from the start.
- Work from anywhere. We are a fully remote teamFlexible vacation
- You need a break? Go for it! We don't count vacation days or office hours
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 results