Remote companies around the world are looking for you. Find the remote data analyst job you want. Employers and hiring managers are searching for lead data analysts, business intelligence analysts, and data analyst managers to be part of their company remotely.
Data Analyst in Remote
Founded in 2016, Livestorm enables companies to promote, host and analyze their online events. We’re building the future of unified video communication: an all-in-one video communication platform that connects to your tools and lives in your browser. Livestorm is a browser-based platform that doesn’t require a download, or setup. You can use Livestorm for on-demand, live, or pre-recorded meetings or events.
Livestorm has been built with ease-of-use in mind.
We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune500. Front, Honda, Intercom or Spendesk trust Livestorm to organize their meetings, webinars or online events. We are a product driven company which means that the quality of what we deliver matters most. We will always choose quality over quantity in terms of development.
Here are our core values:
- Stay curious: Be interested in the world around you.
- Remain humble: Keep learning and keep your ego in check.
- Be resourceful: Go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
- Own it: Take pride in what you do, own your wins, and fails.
- Be transparent: Sharing knowledge, learnings, feedback, and mistakes.
As Livestorm is growing rapidly, our Team is aiming to consolidate, standardize and explore our metrics and data warehouses.
Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst, passionate about surfacing insights, standardize reporting processes, and leverage data for strategic decision-making. As our first Data Analyst, you will fully own this field and will work very closely with our Lead Data Engineer for the technical questions. From a management standpoint you will report directly to the CEO.
As Livestorm's first Data Analyst you will help the C-Levels and Team Leaders create dashboards, answer strategic questions and pro-actively surface insights.
While Livestorm has headquarters in Paris, we are a remote-first company. As a matter of fact, Stormies are located between France, Germany, Greece, Mauritius, Spain, USA,... so we are looking for the best talent, no matter where you live.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Tracking and monitoring on a daily basis, the operational performances of every Team
- Surfacing insights pro-actively or on demand to help the Business and Product Teams
- Working hand in hand with C-Levels to help make strategic decisions
- Being responsible with managers for the creation, implementation and adoption of new KPIs
- Creating and automating high added value dashboards
- Being responsible for maintaining, updating and improving the monitoring tools
For this Data Analyst role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- You have 3-5+ years' experience as a Data Analyst.
- You have a bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or equivalent.
- You have a business-oriented mindset.
- You have strong skills in SQL, Looker and Excel.
- Knowledge of Snowflake is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Segment is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- You are transparent and easily communicate on your progress and difficulties.
- You are proactive and willing to go the extra-mile.
- You are able to make your work accessible to a non-technical audience.
- You know how to work in autonomy.
- French or English spoken and written perfectly
Moreover, we are looking for someone who can work in the Paris timezone (we accept a time difference of 2 hours maximum).
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
What it is like to join Livestorm and the Stormies:
🗺 Work from anywhere you want:
- 🏡 Home (participation for equipment and costs, according to our expense policy)
- 🏢 Paris office (snacks, drinks, afterworks...)
- 💼 Coworking space (covered up to €300 including VAT per month, or local currency equivalent)
- 🚉 Business trips are covered (according to our internal T&E policies)
- 🚲 Sustainable mobility package for daily trips to go to work
🎉 Cheer up your Stormie life:
- 🎿 Off-sites twice a year
- 🕹 Weekly activities (online board games, riddles...)
- 👐 Teambuildings
- 🗣 Monthly Talking times
🤝 Participate to our referral program
👶 Livestorm signed the "Parental act"
And also, benefit from:
🌍 All legal and mandatory benefits from your work country for EOR contracts.
🇫🇷 All French legal benefits for French contracts: €9 of lunch vouchers with Swile (covered at 50%), health insurance with Alan (covered at 50%), transport subscription to go to work (covered at 50%), and CSE with cultural & sport activities via Leeto.
Smartling is a cloud-based platform that enables businesses to translate content faster, better, and cheaper through translation management software integrated with highly scalable and reliable language services. Leading businesses like Pinterest, Spotify, and WeWork use Smartling everyday to go global in over fifty languages.
Tasks at Hand
- Help to design and build key reports/dashboards for customer teams to aid internal decision making, via the team's suite of tools
- Support the Customer Success team with data analysis and visualization for storytelling on customer presentations.
- Help the organization to scale and optimize our data driven customer engagement processes such as data/insights for business reviews and how we provide custom reporting and insights to customers.
- Communicate clear, complete, and actionable findings
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on defining requirements for analytics-focused improvements
- Identify issues/inconsistencies in internal and external client reports
- Use graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Write complex SQL queries
- Apply critical thinking, curiosity, and eagerness to solve problems
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple work streams
- Show a passion for results - write code, dig into data, iterate quickly, and take decisive action
- College experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, etc…) is a plus but not required
- 2+ years in a data analytics-oriented role
- Advanced SQL skills
- Ability to lead your own projects and operate with a high degree of autonomy in a remote working environment
- 1+ years of Looker development experience - LookML and dashboards
- Curious minds who will always ask, “Why?”
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member
Nice to have
- Basic level experience with Python/JSON
- Experience with at least one other BI application such as Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, or Microstrategy
- Interest in the Translation & Localization industry
- Experience working alongside and supporting customer success team, or similar
- Results-focused. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently delivers results
- Problem Solver. Ability to define problems, assess and correctly identify root causes
- A Team Player. Able to work collaboratively to design solutions based on minimal information
- within all levels of management
- An Analytical Thinker. Ability to digest complex information and provide key insights
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail
- Creative. Demonstrate creative thinking
What matters to Smartling?
Two things - our customers and you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life benefits for you and your family
- FSA/HSA and 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (tri-state area)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third-party recruiters.
Data Scientist (Analyst) in Remote
Edge & Node (E&N)
- Produce compelling data-driven narratives that describe what is happening in The Graph and why.
- Evangelize the use of data to support improved decision-making throughout E&N and The Graph’s ecosystem.
- Design and run experiments, such as A/B tests, to increase the growth, retention, and success of users of The Graph.
- Apply domain knowledge of relevant topics, such as blockchain, crypto, decentralized finance (DeFi), databases, etc. to identify salient trends and patterns while exploring data sets.
- Work with data engineers to define requirements for ETL and data pipelines to produce and automate new data sets to support your analysis.
- Analyze The Graph metrics (eg. network data, developer growth, subgraph usage), to track engagement, KPIs and assess industry-wide trends.
- Develop analytical and financial models to forecast usage behavior (eg. dapp adoption, network usage).
You effectively break down complex topics and explore new problems from principles.
You have a growth mindset when it comes to acquiring new knowledge. You enjoy pulling on a thread and seeing where it leads. You see exploring data as a creative as much as an analytical process.
You are able to operate independently in a remote environment and proactively identify the most important tasks to maximize your contribution. You apply domain knowledge to prioritize data-driven investigations that will have the greatest impact on strategic and technical goals.
You understand that to be effective, presenting your results and recommendations clearly is as important as the analysis itself. You leverage a combination of media, including written reports, blog posts, data visualizations, spreadsheets, analytical notebooks (i.e. Jupyter, Sage, ObservableHQ), dashboards, mathematical writing (i.e. LaTeX), slide decks, and live presentations, choosing the ones most suited for the ideas being communicated.
People love working with you and your teammates value the way you introduce data-driven insights into conversations to help the team be more effective.
You are adept at writing SQL queries and as a bonus are also familiar with GraphQL.
You have already "fallen down the crypto rabbit hole." You are familiar with, if not an expert in, concepts like blockchain, distributed systems, bonding curves, decentralized finance (DeFi), consensus, Web3, etc
Data Engineer & Visualization
About The Team
Edge & Node is a globally distributed team. We work hard, but our remote-first team affords a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. Our few scheduled meetings tend to be in the morning, pacific standard time (PST). Most of our team, even at the individual contributor level, has started companies or led large teams and it shows in the way that people manage their own productivity. We’re mission-oriented, and hold one another accountable with results rather than vanity metrics like time spent at your desk. If you need to book a vacation, or make a doctor’s appointment, go for an afternoon run, or even just get some fresh air, we trust you to use your time effectively.
Despite being remote-first, our team is fairly tight-knit and often feels like a family. You can expect quarterly offsites (once Covid permits) in different parts of the world, where we strategize as a team, brainstorm around a whiteboard, go on team outings, have spirited and varied conversations over wine, coffee, or kombucha, and get to know each other on a personal level. We value diversity and bringing your whole self to work, including your weird hobbies, unique life experiences, cultural traditions, obscure music tastes, and whatever else makes you *you*. In addition to offsites, you’ll have the option to travel to conferences and meetups around the world, where you’ll get to know individual teammates on a more personal level and also build relationships with our users and community.
We pay competitive salaries to all team members, based on level of contribution and country of residence, and offer generous health benefits to U.S. based employees.
Data Analyst in San Francisco / Remote
We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~44% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the role:
At Netlify, our data team exists to empower the entire organization to make the best decisions possible by providing accurate, timely, and useful insights. We build our data infrastructure as a product instead of just a service, with the ability to make a significant impact.
We’ve been remote-first since our inception and are a globally distributed team, spanning across North America and Europe. We’re biased towards asynchronous planning and communication, meaning less meetings and more execution. We take documentation seriously and place our values of transparency, empowerment, and commitment at the forefront of everything we do. We’re driven by passion and we make sure that everyone on the team knows their value, feels ownership over their work, and can quickly see the impact of their efforts. Beyond just hiring smart, empathetic team members, we foster a culture where there are no dumb questions and our team can get access to the resources that they need to continue to learn. As a remote-first company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Netlify is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
We’re in the beginning stages of building out the foundation of our data team, so as a Data Analyst, you’ll be in an imperative position working closely with stakeholders to educate and empower them to use data as an analytic tool. With our team, you'll be turning rows and columns in a data warehouse into powerful business insights that can be used to make impactful decisions. This role will be providing crucial analyses that are accurate, reliable, reproducible, and is easily accessible to help impact the rest of the business. We think of Data analysts as business partners for their domains of expertise. Please note: This is a SQL-first role, not an Excel-first role.
Learn more about our team below:
- Data Dream Teams: Netlify at dbt Coalesce
- dbt Slack Roundup #1
- How the Netlify Data Team Uses Census for Operational Analytics
- Dear Analyst Podcast: Architecting revenue data pipelines and switching to a career in analytics
- It’s Not a Data Science Problem, It’s a Data Engineering Problem
- Adopting Airflow at Netlify on the Airflow Podcast
Some of the things you'll do:
- Utilize SQL, Python, and Git to build new analyses and maintain existing reporting.
- Communicate and train people how to best use our Business Intelligence tools (We use Mode).
- Follow and improve our processes for maintaining high quality data and reporting.
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected and analyzed.
- Advocate for improvements to data quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across your team and the organization.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure.
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Represent Netlify and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions.
- Maintain deliverables, projects, and timelines for your business stakeholders.
- Communicate findings clearly to a broad range of stakeholders.
We're looking for someone who has experience with:
- Business acumen, understanding of SaaS company metrics
- A solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools
- Clear and direct communication skills about complex technical topics
- Prior experience working with software development tools, like Git and the command line
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices
- Experience with DBT a plus
By the 30 day mark, you'll be...
- Understanding our values and how to work the Netlify way
- On the journey of understanding the complexities around our business, customer, and engineering needs. We believe strongly that it’s essential for you to take the time to become familiar with our space & how we operate!
- Having one-on-ones and pairing sessions with some of the people that you’ll be working closely with, including members of the finance, engineering, and product teams.
- Learning from the team during weekly syncs
- Helping definition-related conversations, acting as thought-leader to functional group
- Working in Mode, writing SQL queries to produce dashboards
- Getting a clear sense of where prioritization comes from
By the 60 day mark, you'll be...
- Comfortable working with dbt via the command line
- Contributing to internal conversations on data organization and structure
- Able to answer questions about what data exists and is ready for consumption
- Answering questions using dashboards and analyses that already exist and contributing to our data catalogue
- Partnering with our Data Manager around what types of projects you’d like to tackle to align with your goals and passions
By the 90 day mark, you'll be...
- Regularly contributing to documentation and housekeeping improvements for the team
- Gathering requirements, scope, and build analysis with little-to-no guidance from more senior members of the team
- Considering what conferences you’d like to attend or brainstorming how you’d like to utilize your training allowance
- Helping lead triage initiatives and driving team efficiency as a core part of your work
- Spending time floating around in the data exploring what interesting findings you can make on your own
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
When applying please include: A resume or short listing of your job history & skills. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine). A cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify would be great, though not required & will not impact your application. When we receive your application we’ll get back to you about the next steps.
Netlify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are devoted to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles. We believe that the unique contributions of all Netlifolks is the driver of our success. We are all responsible for bringing on people from all walks of life. Driving equality empowers our team, enables us to innovate, and helps us maintain a more inclusive environment. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, military/veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please let us know.
Reporting & Data Analyst in San Francisco, Remote
- The Reporting & Data Analyst will be joining our Accounting & Finance team. Knowledge of systems and broad data analytics skills are a must, with experience in Finance a plus. The Reporting & Data Analyst will be reporting in NetSuite & Salesforce, and handling Dashboarding & Data Visualization to provide visibility and automation to previous resource-intensive processes. Ideally, the Reporting & Data Analyst will work cross-functionally to help bring disparate systems together into an existing data warehouse to ease the access of data across multiple systems.
- Experience in supporting major functional areas within an organization, with experience in financial analysis, headcount/resource management and business metric reporting
- Experience with a fast-growing SaaS company
- Expertise reporting in our systems: NetSuite,
- Experience in our other systems is a nice to have: Clari, Gainsight, Tableau, Adaptive and Adaptive Implementation
- Experience with Redshift (or similar), Python or R, Excel/Gsheets is a nice to have
- Work cross functionally to understand needs of stakeholders, and create dashboards and other reporting tools
- Passion for applying analytics methods to provide visibility and improve business outcomes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting, dashboards, and models
- Ability to provide key insights and interactive analytics in near real-time to stakeholders and practitioners
- Knowledge and experience applying common data science methods
- Develop data roadmap based on current state survey of current data sets
- Prowess to present materials in a format that facilitates senior management decision making
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and database engineering technologies etc.
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace and not phased by change
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite is in the kitchen, but consumption is optional.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible vacation time
- Mental Health Days
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage
- Generous allowance to build the workstation that suits you
Background Checks:The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
Data Analyst in London | San Francisco Bay Area
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
We’re not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. Our team is equally composed of musicians/artists and people into sports and the outdoors. The Craft team is globally distributed with a physical HQ in San Francisco, and offices in London, UK and Minsk, Belarus. We fully support and encourage remote workers! We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about data to join our rapidly growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Craft is seeking a motivated Data Analyst who will be responsible for discovering and analyzing data sources about companies, identifying signaling features and working with the development team closely to integrate datasets into Craft Data Platform.
- Discover new data sources on companies
- Analyze datasets to identify insights and drive value for Craft customers
- Create and maintain Data Platform documentation
- Analyze data usage by customers
- Create requirements for Data Platform team and support data pipelines development
- Work with Data Platform team to develop scalable processes to improve data quality
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, with ability to use Python and SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and system thinking
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Humble and modest, yet confident
- Data-informedCreative thinker
- Competitive compensation
- Team activities and events
- Sports activities reimbursement
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- 5 sick days per year
- International team
- Free snacks and drinks
Showing 1 to 6 of 6 results