Remote companies around the world are looking for you. Apply for the right remote developer or engineer job for you. Employers and hiring managers are searching for excellent people to join their company remotely as web developers, front-end developers, software engineers, and full-stack engineers.
Experienced Backend Engineer - Ruby in Global
WHO YOU ARE
As our Experienced Backend Engineer, you have deep knowledge of the Ruby language and you make it a habit of learning the mechanics behind the magic of any framework.
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a virtual and physical retail environment
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional software development experience
- Current production experience utilizing Ruby in both Non-Rails and Rails environments
- Demonstrated proficiency with server-side development using Python and Golang is helpful
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Previous experience in a consultative environment is required
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
Backend Engineer in Global
As Backend Engineer at Maybe, you'll be responsible for the server side code and APIs of our web applications. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features.
This is a data and external API-heavy position, with a lot of time spent reconciling numbers, dealing with third-party APIs and making sure everything plays nice together.
Ultimately, you'll be the driving force behind all backend activities.
The tech stack
We're still in very early days of Maybe, and as such, much of the tech stack is rapidly changing. Flexibility is key here and your input and expertise on the stack is very much wanted.
On a base level, experience with the following tech is a major pro:
- SQL (we use Postgres, primarily)
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, ECS, Lambda, KMS, CloudWatch)
- You've built complex backends in TypeScript/Node, but you also know other languages.
- You've shipped large applications with many components and data structures.
- You've worked with different databases and know how to optimize complex queries.
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time.
- You have experience building and working on distributed systems.
- You have experience integrating complex 3rd party APIs
- You are strong self-manager, capable of being a "CEO" of your area.
- $187,500 per year
- 3% raise every rear
- 10% annual equity bonus
- Minimum vacation policy (we expect you to take at least 4 weeks off per year)
Software Engineer - Frontend in Remote or London
Juni Technology AB
Join us to build the world’s best financial companion for e-commerce
Do it while working from anywhere in the world!
- 5+ years software development experience
- Strong knowledge of React, Typescript, Babel, Webpack or equivalents and building single page web applications.
- Ability to autonomously make good technical choices that solve business problems.
- Experience working with product managers and designers to produce high-quality user interfaces.
- Strong product focus and commitment to good design and user experience.
We are revolutionizing banking for digital entrepreneurs around the world. As their financial companion, we build products that help them understand their business and sell smarter, with features including global accounts, unlimited virtual cards, and an overview of cash flow.
Building rocketships isn't easy, but sure is fun!
The same freedom we’re creating for our customers we believe employees should benefit from as well. We give our employees freedom because they take responsibility and understand that everything is a team effort. Whether you’re a rock-loving designer or a pet snake-owning developer; Juni strives to be the workplace where you feel at home, where you can grow and most importantly where you feel a sense of accomplishment - every day. We truly believe that we’re changing the world for small businesses around the globe and we want you to be part of that mission.
Tackle convoluted problems and develop clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
We recently closed a huge Series A with some of the greatest names in e-commerce and venture investing, and now we need amazing talent to help us on our mission.
- gRPC (Protocol buffers)
- PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Kubernetes, AWS
Our engineering team is made up of a diverse and talented mixture of backend and frontend engineers. We are led by a hands-on CTO and Co-Founder (Anders)
Right now, the collective engineering team consists of 12 Engineers, and we have ambitions to grow to 36 engineers in the next few months. So it's certainly a very exciting time to join.
In this role you’ll:
- Play a focal role in the development of user interfaces for our web-based product.
- Help build our engineering culture as we're growing.
- Provide technical leadership around our frontend with exceptional knowledge around React and ideally some experience with server web infrastructure, such as Go, Python, Rails, CDNs or Node.js
- Overall we are looking for someone to aid Juni's code quality and architectural decisions as an Engineer in the team
Within 1 month you'll:
- Introduce an important architectural improvement to our React codebase
- Fix two thorny unfixed bugs, which the team otherwise could not have done
Within 3 months you'll:
- Other web frontend engineers say they’re learning a lot and are more productive because of you
- Have helped us to fully migrate core flows to React quicker than we otherwise would have - our velocity has increased significantly
Within 6 months you'll:
- Help introduce significant new features which radically improve our product.
- Impact the quality of the product, getting to the point where we fix all bugs and are improving performance metrics
- Be proud of the product and the codebase
- We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the world...
- or check-in in one of our local hubs!
- 8500EUR / year happiness stipend
- Health insurance
- Great quarterly off-sites across Europe.
- 30 vacation days (annual, minimum)
- Awesome options package
Anywhere you want, Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Gothenburg, Anywhere you decide, Ljubljana, Madrid, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius, and Warsaw
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile in Remote
As a mobile software engineer you will get the chance to work on the first Business Cloud mobile solution. You will have the opportunity to work with other very talented mobile engineers on a very large variety of technical problems, learn about the proven best practices that power our mobile solution that is now allowing very large corporation around the world to run their business more efficiently.
- Own specific mobile features from start to end;
- Contribute in design process collaborating with designers and project managers;
- Prototype possible alternate mobile solutions;
- Optimize mobile product;
- Develop mobile enterprise solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study or equivalent job experience;
- Deep understanding of the Swift language with proven experience;
- Experience in Objective-C;
- Pre-ARC coding experience and understanding;
- Extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.
Engineering Manager in India
We’re backed by top-tier investors including Wing Venture Capital – the same firm that backed Snowflake, Cohesity, and Gong. Findem powers businesses across scaling, pre-IPO, and publicly traded companies who trust us to solve their biggest HR and Talent challenges. We have an incredibly skilled and collaborative team that values curiosity, diversity, openness and building great experiences every day for our customers. By joining Findem, you will have the unique opportunity to help define what the future of HR looks like for every business.
Scale the Engineering org in India
Manage the existing and new team members of the India Engineering org
Mentor the juniors and help them wherever needed
Own end to end responsibility of platform/feature development – right from the requirement to release
Produce bug-free and production-grade code
Modular application development for multiple servers and clients
Work with a performance-oriented team driven by ownership and open to experiments
8-15 years of work experience with strong CS fundamentals (Algorithms and Data structures)
Experience in managing a team of 15-30 direct-reportees
Experience in scaling and hiring the Engineering team
Good architectural & design skills
Strong coding, data structures, and algorithms
Strong understanding of the react/react-native architecture
Ability to debug and pinpoint performance issues in production
Knowledge of GIT and branch management
Practical experience with CI/CD pipeline
A keen eye for producing clean and semantic code
Understanding of software engineering best practices
Previously worked on enterprise or user-facing products with scale
Track record in delivering apps/ large software projects
Enthusiasm for evaluating new services and technologies
Engineering Manager in USA
As an Engineering Manager (EM) you will use your industry knowledge to manage all the activities of a software development team. This includes setting attainable goals for team members, guiding team members to encourage work productivity, and making sure the team delivers on their commitments. At Waitr/Delivery Dudes/BiteSquad, EMs are hands-on managers, spending ~15% of their time writing, testing, and debugging code. You are an architect and love building applications and systems that are best in class! You will partner with other EMs, Product Management, and Engineering leadership to ensure that your team is focused on the right priorities. Ownership and the ability to consistently deliver on your commitments are key traits of an EM. You are always looking for opportunities to improve your code quality and reliability and develop scalable processes to manage work throughout the SDLC lifecycle.
Manage a team of high caliber Software Engineers building solutions for new WaitrApp resources.
Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience.
Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high paced engineering environment.
Interface with our internal/external customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software.
Drive improvements in agile software engineering practices.
Provide guidance and support your team on technical questions, release management, performance management and career development.
Senior Virtualization Engineer in Anywhere, USA
A Typical Day as an INODE Senior Virtualization Engineer Can Include:
· Working with customers to be the subject matter expert in a mixed converged environment to include Nutanix, VMware and AWS technologies.
· Provide consulting in technology best practices and integration across a variety of vendors.
· Be available and working during customer core hours.
Skills and Experience Include
· Have strong production experience with Nutanix AOS/Prism and AHV
· Have virtualization experience with VMware ESXi, VMware Horizon View (VDI)
· Have production experience with AWS and Nutanix Clusters.
· Possess production experience in Linux server environments.
· Experienced in VM migrations
· Have a solid background in scripting and automation using Python and Linux Bash
· Possess working experience in architecting and delivering Hybrid Cloud solutions.
· Have working experience with data center consolidations.
· Preferred experience with Nutanix Objects and Nutanix Files.
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
· Ability to obtain a US Public Trust Clearance
· Have excellent analytical/problem solving abilities.
· Have excellent documentation/technical writing skills.
· Is comfortable articulating and presenting on technology solutions.
· Have a proven track record of exceptional customer service.
· Comfortable working independently.
· Nutanix Certified Professional (NCP) or higher Certification preferred.
· VMware Certified Professional (VCP 6) or higher Certification preferred.
· Federal government IT experience preferred.
Full Stack Engineer in United States
All Day Kitchens
- Work with a cross-functional team of chefs, designers, PMs and operations to bring the product vision to life
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years experience as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role
- Expertise in at least one server-side web application language. NodeJS or Go preferred.
- Experience in cloud technologies. AWS preferred.
- Experience contributing to architecture and design of new systems
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in React Native and mobile app development
- Experience in the operations domain (inventory, warehouse, logistics and supply chains) and/or building marketplaces
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- A delicious monthly delivery stipend.
All Day Kitchens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We believe strongly that our people, partners, and platform benefit from the most diverse range of perspectives. We believe that great people are at the core of great food experiences.
Senior Data Engineer in USA
We are setting out to build a better way to shop locally—with all the conveniences and user experience you’d expect from a big tech company, but for the independent shops in local communities that have historically been left behind by them. We’re building marketplaces like our first pilot in Oakland, California: Keep Oakland Alive. And behind those marketplaces, we’re building the toolset merchants need to thrive in a hybrid offline+online world.
Our team is composed of experienced, passionate people distributed across North America. Founded during the Covid-19 shelter-in-place, we currently all work from home and rely on tools like Slack and Zoom to support our work style, which is collaborative yet values self-initiative. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a seasoned data engineer with years of diverse experience and a passion for continual improvement. You have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding of data engineering. You have a track record of building beautiful, robust, and performant software. As a member of our team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility and drive. You place a high value on automated testing, have rigorous quality standards, and are driven to achieve results in a highly flexible and dynamic environment. You are comfortable being on the ground floor for all software development at our growing company. You embrace a startup mentality and are proficient at achieving results in a fast paced environment of ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Partner with fellow software engineers to design, build, test, deploy, and maintain Nearby’s data pipelines and applications.
- Be an active champion for Nearby’s values and mission.
- Be an active champion for high quality software development at Nearby.
- Be an active contributor in shaping and evolving our product.
- This is a full-time position. We are not looking for a part-time contributor.
- Workday window of Pacific through Eastern time zones (GMT-5 through GMT-8).
- 4+ years developing data engineering pipelines and applications
- Demonstrated mastery of data engineering fundamentals
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working from remotely independently and with drive
- Mobile: Swift, XCode
- Backend: Python, Django, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- System: Google Cloud, Bazel, Docker, Linux
- Development: Git, GitHub, Slack
- We value your contributions to the team! That's why we offer full medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and competitive pay.
- We love to embrace your multitudes! You're a whole person, after all, and our team is full of parents, activists, and creatives.
- We not only believe in work-life balance, we believe in having a fulfilling life outside of work! Stay mentally healthy, take a vacation, connect with your family and community as much as you need to.
Software Engineer, Rust, Developer Tooling in Worldwide
We're looking for people with a strong background and interest in building developer tooling. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in programming language tooling and a passion for solving developer experience problems.
- Work with a team of developers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Solve problems for fellow developers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short team and long term solutions.
- Deliver practical, useful, and reliable tools and processes to developers around the world.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about developer experience.
- Thrive in an asynchronous and independent remote work environment.
- Enjoy and have experience building developer tooling, especially ones that operate at the compiler level.
- Have experience and are comfortable working in Rust.
- Have some familiarity with frontend web development languages.
- Have effective communication skills, especially when working with members of the broader open source community.
You might work on:
- Changing how web developers write, share, review, and merge code through education and new tooling, infrastructure, or processes.
- Building new compilers, linters, code formatters, bundlers, testing frameworks, and more.
This is a full-time position in the US and countries listed as available at https://remote.com/country-exp...
Competitive salary, equipment stipends, and health, vision, and dental benefits are offered in all locations. Stock options are provided to all employees with early exercise.