Remote companies around the world are looking for you. Apply for the right remote developer or engineer job for you. Employers and hiring managers are searching for excellent people to join their company remotely as web developers, front-end developers, software engineers, and full-stack engineers.
Senior Backend Engineer in Remote (CET +/- 2 hours)
In this position, you will join us as a software engineer with a dedicated focus on our SaaS platform and help us designing the core architecture for a fast, reliable, and enjoyable developer product. You will work in an interdisciplinary team of backend, frontend and DevOps folks. As we are building a product that no one has built before, you will need to crack some tough nuts around scalability, distributed systems, and user-friendly API design.
Examples: Reduce the latency of search requests; Integrate Ray for distribution of complex search pipelines; Implement a task queue with Celery; Design a REST Endpoint for the conversion of documents
- Design & build the backend infrastructure comprising of clusters of high-end GPUs
- Evaluate & implement machine learning libraries like ONNXRuntime, TensorRT, PyTorch, Ray, Cortex, and KubeServing to scale neural search for large scale production workloads
- Design schemas for storage & retrieval of large data volumes from datastores like PostgresSQL, Elasticsearch, and Milvus.
- Design, build & operate REST APIs to enable developers implement neural search in their applications
- Work closely with our NLP & Open Source Engineers for integrating new features
- 5+ years experience of having worked in a related field
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification
- Excellent Software Engineering skills
- Strong track record of designing complex software projects
- Expert in Python (or another language and the ability to pick up Python fast)
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch
- Experience with Git, AWS, container orchestration, and deployment
- Experience with Machine Learning/NLP or the motivation to learn about it
- Pragmatism, sense of responsibility and independent work style
- Fast & expanding environment - Team lead possibilities, fast decisions, direct impact and flexibility
- We live and breathe open source: See Haystack, FARM, German BERT ...
- Latest machine learning & tech - no legacies
- Collaborate with tech experts - we understand your language & problems
- Work on real-world cases - no AI hype
- Possibility to speak at conferences and workshops
- True ownership - stock options to participate in our common success
- Working in a remote setting (Timezone: CET +/- 2 hours)
- One of the leading companies in transformer-based NLP
- Living Open Source - in products and culture
- We know the problem that we are solving like nobody else
- Backed by renowned and mission-driven investors (Ex-Google, Ex-Microsoft ...)
- Collaborations with AWS, Nvidia & more
Frontend Engineer in Within UTC-5 (US east coast/Peru) to UTC+2 (Western Europe/Egypt)
Timeular is on a mission to enable a more healthy and rewarding work-life for 10M+ people through better time management. 70,000 users have done so already.
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer passionated about creating applications that are fast and simple to use.
You will be working closely with our backend, frontend, eCommerce developers, and QA engineers using CSS, Typescript, React, React Native, Redux, Rust and Electron.
The first couple of months you'll be working on:
- Gaining confidence and familiarity with our frontend (web, mobile, desktop - depends on your preference)
- Ship new features, remove unnecessary ones and solve bugs
- Write snapshot and unit tests with Jest
- Guide our QA people to test your implementations
- Help discover issues to be tackled along the user journey
- Suggest solutions to solve the issues and improve the daily life for ten thousands of people
- Contribute to our open-source projects and maybe create new ones
- Help our support team in case they get stuck in a challenging support case
- Potentially open source and maintain useful parts of our apps
We know you can’t perform at your best from day one because everything is new and there is a lot of information to absorb first. That’s why you’ll get assigned an onboarding buddy right after joining Timeular to assist you while getting started with your new challenges and all the questions you might have along the way.
The minimum requirements are that you have already worked on at least one SaaS product with a couple thousands users as a frontend engineer and that you're a great team-player and communicator. Additionally, we only accept applications from people who live within UTC-5 (US east coast/Peru) to UTC+2 (Western Europe/Egypt) otherwise it will be too hard to schedule an occasional meeting with everyone.
Our way to work
- 18 fully distributed people from 9 different countries and cultures. We do not discriminate on the basis of any factor and are looking to increase our diversity even more.
- Communicate a lot asynchronously in written form without the urgency to respond to everything immediately. Mainly through Slack, Notion, and Gitlab.
- Direct, honest and transparent culture
- 40h workweek is enough, no nightshifts, plenty of uninterrupted time to focus
- Few meetings, meeting free Thursday, but lot's of opportunities to bond remotely
- Respect time: we show up, deliver, and proactively communicate in time. We respect everyone's private time unless there is a real (real, real, ...) urgency
- Work when and where you want from UTC-5 (US east coast/Peru) to UTC+2 (Western Europe/Egypt)
- Use quarterly OKRs to focus on what matters most and learn from our assumptions
- Meet 3 times a year in one place for a team retreat (during the pandemic they are virtual)
What we pay and offer you to live a healthy life outside of work
transparent salary for this role at hiring ranges between 64,000€/$76,000 - 88,000€/$104,000
, depending on the city you’re in, your experience and your vacation days preference (see below).
- After one year of working full-time at Timeular you can participate in the
employee stock option pool.
- Work where and when you want. You control your time.
- 50 days of paid holidays (including national holidays) because we’ve learned that time off is the best source for great ideas. In case you don't want so many days off so you can choose to get 40 for +5% salary instead.
- Three paid team retreats per year to spend an incredible time together discovering unique locations and amazing food. All costs covered. Now during the pandemic we host them virtually and it's still a lot of fun.
- Paid parental leave and flexibility to adapt your work schedule to your family schedule.
- Quarterly achieved objectives will be rewarded with
500€ - 1000€/quarter to invest in your health, growth, and workplace
About the application process
We don’t need resumes, we care about who you are today, what you have achieved so far and where do you want to go. And we don’t believe in time-consuming cover letters. We believe asking you specific questions is easier than writing a cover letter.
Our application process is pretty simple: we start by asking you a few questions in written form, you answer them the best you can, we read it and, if we like it, we jump on a call to get to know each other better. If that goes well, we do a test period so we both can verify our expectations and if we both agree, you’re in.
As we always get many applications it might take some time till we get back to you after having evaluated all the applications but we will get back.
Make your time count with us,
React Web Engineer in Anywhere
Dynamically generating efficient, performant websites from anything that our creators can dream up is an exciting challenge — and one that is only going to grow as we build an increasingly powerful editor. We are looking for someone (you!) to help us make our creators' dreams a reality.
What you’ll do 🔧
— You will work as a part of our Web team to develop features for our web applications and improve existing ones.
— You will write tests to ensure that we can improve our quality and performance without breaking any of our creators' sites.
— You will add features to our internal web tools to help improve productivity across the company.
Who you are 👀
— You are UI focused and love to craft beautiful web experiences.
— You like working in an environment where you are empowered to come up with your own solutions to desired outcomes.
— You are focused on getting to the right solution — not on being right — and enjoy collaborating with others who share that focus.
— You love solving complex problems.
You enjoy supporting others and making difficult (and even previously impossible things) easy.
— You have experience with React, TypeScript, CSS and HTML.
Blockchain Engineer in Europe only
Join us as we prepare to bring Ethereum to millions more people with our Layer 2 launch this summer. Our L2 wallet will be smooth, secure and have radically lower gas - all while keeping the unique experience Argent is known for.
We're aiming for a breakthrough in the global adoption of crypto.
- On Layer 1, you'll help us to integrate more Defi protocols to the existing
which combines multisig security with one tap DeFi and protects over $1bn in assets.
- On Layer 2, you'll help us to bring our unique smart-contract model to key rollups. We're starting on zkSync but will expand to other L2s, such as Optimism, Starkware and Arbitrum afterwards.
For both initiatives you'll take ownership of the entire smart contract development lifecycle, including managing relations with partners and deploying the contracts to our test and production environments. In doing so you’ll code in Solidity day to day and become a leading expert over time.
- 3+ years as a backend or full-stack engineer
- Proven curiosity and interest in Solidity; or experience building a Dapp frontend or equivalent Web3 side project.
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical subjects
- Writing code that's clean, well organised and easy to review
- A good understanding of secure coding and security in general
Nice to have
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or maths
- Experience with Solidity a plus
- Good understanding of basic cryptography
- Work remotely - anywhere in Europe (but Europe only). No commute. Lots of flexibility. Plenty of time to care for your kids or cats.
- Equity in a high growth startup backed by the investors of Spotify and Slack.
- Autonomy - you decide how to achieve your best work.
- Trips across Europe - for one week every three months we collaborate in person, explore new solutions and have fun. So far we’ve stayed in Nice, Toulouse, Brussels, Lisbon and Barcelona. We'll resume these when safe following COVID.
- Equipment - pick the tech setup of your choice.
- Parental leave - generous package for new parents.
- Build a new industry - help define the future of the web.
Senior Front-end Developer in Remote
We represent industry geeks of every kind: frequent flyers, coding fanatics, plane spotters and open-source contributors. We are goal-driven inventors who want to bring greater technology and unprecedented workflows. We believe intelligence through data and automation will yield better returns. We believe in lean thinking and, with continuous improvement, we focus on delivering value.
What We Do
We build software solutions for airlines looking to uproot existing legacy enterprise applications which are constraining existing commercial processes. Using modern approaches to software development and the latest engineering technologies, we help airlines maximize their revenues, improve their workflow and achieve organizational efficiency.
- We build complex user interfaces for the web.
- We build REST APIs to enable our web application to capture our users’ workflow.
- We integrate and consume data from systems used by airlines.
- We use modern languages like Kotlin and Spring Boot to increase our productivity and align with best practices.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day using Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes.
What We're Looking for
You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You strive for high quality but are also pragmatic;
- You know when it’s time to refactor, and when it’s time to ship;
- You take ownership and will see your projects from inception to production;
- You have empathy, patience, and teamwork;
- You have experience running applications in production and take software engineering practices seriously;
- You understand the value of testing and automation.
What You'll be Working on
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Work with customers and meeting venues worldwide.
- Visualizing large datasets in D3.js.
What We Want/Requirements
- You have a minimum of 3 years of proven working experience with one of the major front-end frameworks Angular, React or, preferably, Vue.js.
- Solid experience in state management frameworks for the web.
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- You are exposed to various architectural patterns that enable maintainable, scalable, high-performance web applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Culture where people come first, including autonomy and freedom to do your work to the best of your ability.
- Clear and structured career path designed for progression.
- Fast growing and global team focused on challenging the legacy of the commercial aviation industry to provide customers with improved technology and workflows.
- A focus on client satisfaction, executing quality code and services and a mindset of constant improvement.
- Environment where everyone is expected to work hard, but love what we do, and have fun doing it.
Cloud Detection Engineer in Remote - Europe
In this role you will research, design and implement how to use Cloud Service Capabilities to find the needle in the haystack of events to detect malicious behaviours, which is a brand new and a key product at ReaQta. As ReaQta’s Cloud Detection Engineer, your voice will be heard, and you will drive innovation in the company! In ReaQta we also guarantee you good work-life balance, and you will have the opportunity to work with a group of senior professionals that will help you in your personal and professional growth.
What we expect from you:
- Enjoy and take pride in your work
- Love to research on the latest Threats and detections capabilities
- Love to approach and solve technical problems
- Are comfortable on a multidisciplinary, international team
- Can think, plan, and prioritize work proactively
- Take data from the Cloud Service and deliver to our service
- Be able to create rules and detect suspicious behaviours
- Correlate this data with all the already available data and create a unified view of the threat
What you should know already:
- Python or
- Go knowledge is a must
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience working in threat detection
- Test and
- ship applications to customers
- Code versioning tools like
- Containerization, especially
What we would like you to know:
- Familiarity with a few other programming languages and environments, such as:
C++, Lua, Rust
- Previous experience with cybersecurity is a huge plus
- Understanding threat in container environment
- Linux, Windows, MacOS internals
- Knowledge of
AWS Cloud Security, Azure, Microsoft365
is a plus
- Hands on experience with
GuardDuty, CloudTrails, Unified Audit Logs
- Infrastructure As Code,
What we can offer:
- Salary, based on experience
- A company culture that values your free time as much as you do
- The chance to work on a tight-knit, multifaceted team in a fascinating field
- You’ll work on projects from start to finish, from concept and design phase all the way through implementation and roll out.
- You can either be remote in EU or come work with us in Amsterdam
- Work with a team of colleagues that can help you grow professionally
- Possibility to attend conferences or participate to trainings
- Work daily together with top researchers in the cyber security field
Lead Software Developer in REMOTE (VIRTUAL LOCATION)
Developing great products is about being equally concerned with building the right thing as building it well. For 18 years, we've built our software development practice around three small words and one big idea: tech done right. To us, it means more than clean code and sound design. It means doing right by our partners, by our peers and by our community.
Here’s what we expect from you
- Lead projects, provide technical guidance, identify risks, proactively learn and share, and mentor more junior team members
- Expertly develop both back-end and front-end code
- Understand client's business, build relationships with clients, and guide strategic decisions to make client successful
- Communicate professionally and empathetically, solicit and provide feedback, actively offer help, and make sure everyone is aligned
- Guide architecture and implementation discussions, help unblock other developers, establish best practices for maintainability, and strategically balance test coverage, risk and budget
- Take responsibility (even when no one asks)
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and business analysts
- Learn from everyone, no matter what their title is
Our Tech Stack
- Back-end: we primarily create applications in Ruby on Rails and Node, though we have a small number of applications with other setups: Elixir and Phoenix, and Python and Flask
- Mobile: we support native iOS development in both Objective-C and Swift. These days, though, almost all of our apps are being built in React Native
- Infrastructure: nearly all of our infrastructure is on AWS and managed by Terraform and chef. We are in the process of migrating to Docker containers in Kubernetes (EKS)
Don't hesitate if you don't have specific experience with our tech stack. We have a preference for folks with Ruby on Rails, Node.js or React experience, but if you’re a strong developer with experience in related tools, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
We’re a curious and humble group who loves to define the future and help build it. Curiosity and critique are key to our chemistry. We’re always looking for new skills, frameworks, and approaches to deliver the most meaningful product and service experiences. And we’re constantly pushing ourselves to experiment, explore and challenge assumptions.
We bring that same passion for learning and improving to our clients: digging into their organizations, reframing their problem statements, and spending time with their users. This ensures we’re pushing our clients forward while designing valuable things people actually use.
Learn more about Table XI (video)
What We Make
At Table XI, you’ll get exposure to many different people and projects. Our clients trust us as strategic partners—advising decisions that impact the long-term success of their organizations. We’ve helped:
Brink create an accessible voting education app to help all communities engage in the political process
Tyson Foods adopt design thinking to concept, prototype, and launch innovative products quickly
Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical researchMore than 25,000 people think big and participate in Chicago Ideas Week
A nonprofit understand what “belonging” means to their 200 global chapters
A homecare startup to connect caregivers with clients and their familiesAn IoT medical device manufacturer prototype hardware and software to help patients recover from spinal surgeryFamilies dealing with tragedy connect with resources and each other
Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether volunteering with AIGA, organizing a UX Strategy Meetup, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there's something you're passionate about, we want you to pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our First Friday Design Talks, company Lunch & Learns, and weekly Group Practice Meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning and professional development.
What We Offer
In COVID times, we’re all:
Working from home with a stipend for upgrades to your setup
Sheltering-in-place with zero travel or onsite client work
Communicating and collaborating with tools like Mural, Miro, Notion, Slack, and a lot of Zoom
Everyone on our team gets:
Equitable, competitive salary
Quality health insurance
Paid parental leave and flexible paid time off
401k plan, including employer matching
The option to work fully remote
We take equality seriously.
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. We are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
The founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are seed funded by a top venture firm and a handful of prominent angels, with healthy financial runway.
We have been a fully-distributed team since our founding and are open to remote applicants that live within a 3 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
- As one of our first full-stack engineers, you will play a critical role in transitioning our current web and mobile MVPs (Python/Django/React/React Native) to a robust, production-ready application.
- You will be more than just a software craftsperson; you will also be a thought partner in building a product, company, and culture we are proud of.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
- You will typically work with a lot of autonomy, and be expected to "own" the full implementation of whatever you own.
- You consider yourself a "product-centric" engineer and take pride in building something people love. You are opinionated about the user experience.
- You enjoy and strive when given autonomy and independence, and are comfortable with ambiguity and simplifying complex problems.
- You have 3+ years experience in full-stack development with some combination of Python, Django, React, React Native, iOS and Android development.
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills.
- You are familiar with best practices in engineering, architecture, security, and design for both web and mobile apps, and can help build scalable, fault-tolerant products.
- You have (or want) experience with early-stage company best practices including rapid iteration with robust metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Nice to have: Experience building APIs with Django Rest Framework
- Nice to have: Experience working in a financial technology company (accounting, investing, banking, etc)
- Nice to have: Experience working in a remote-first culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Data Engineer in Within US
The status quo for technical interviewing doesn’t meet the needs of candidates or hiring companies. Haphazard interview experiences, subjective evaluations, and lack of capacity and expertise mean too many companies miss their hiring goals and miss out on great software engineers. At Karat, it's our mission to create better outcomes for companies and candidates by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies including Indeed, Atlassian, Intuit, Peloton, The New York Times and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing platform, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest and most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a valuable, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.
Data Engineering at Karat
Our Data Engineering team is committed to partnering with stakeholders to build the infrastructure, reporting, and product features that power insights at Karat. We design and build the data foundation needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data engineering team, you will shape the future for how we ingest, analyze, and talk about data as an organization.
As our Data Engineer, you will develop various systems and processes needed to derive meaning from performance data. Our ideal candidate for this position is comfortable designing and building software for real customers, can dive deep into manipulating data and wielding statistics, and has the ability to provide technical and product recommendations to a variety of multi-functional partners.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly position.
Create the Future
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their metrics and analysis requirements and build solutions to enable data-driven decisions
- As we collect richer data about user interactions during interviews, you will drive the collection and refinement of our data to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to our customers.
- Design, build and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms and disparate data sources
- Protect our data sources against quality issues. Design and develop data quality monitoring.
Be a Partner
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts to design, implement and scale our data processing and analysis platforms.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs.
- Nurture the data conversations and culture at Karat by educating technical and non-technical teammates about data literacy and usage.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles, with a focus on building data pipelines and conducting data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience with Python, Docker and job orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow
- Significant experience with relational databases with a strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, familiar with data analytics and BI tools
- Experience with development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with — and a knack for — communicating technical work to partners
Benefits of joining Karat
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Laptop and other equipment fundamentals (monitor, keyboard, and mouse if you need it!)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Frontend Engineer in DISTRIBUTED/REMOTE
We are working on a developer-focused software platform, and since great software is built by great people, hiring is one of the most important things we do. Our team is globally-distributed across 10 different countries and growing. We are fully remote and aim to build a stellar organization where everyone can do the best work of their careers. Learn more about how we work in the Stedi Standards.
Stedi has raised $71 million in funding and is backed by top investors that include Stripe, Addition, USV, and First Round Capital.
Stedi is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our Specifications team. The team is currently building a core piece of the product -- designing EDI specifications, which are in effect schema contracts used between trading partners to agree on the shape of the data that is exchanged over the Stedi platform. You will take the lead in building customer-facing features in the front-end of the product and be supported in every other respect (product, design, back-end).
What you'll do
- Craft beautiful and usable user-facing experiences
- Develop reusable, responsive, accessible components using scalable, semantic React components
- Collaborate with designers and backend engineers to build web interfaces that power our products and features
- Design and build dynamically-generated editors and detail pages
to build the highest quality, broadest-reaching commercial trading network at the lowest possible price for our customers
Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant web front-end development experience at a tech-forward, software company
- Solid understanding of modern frontend technology stack (React, UI testing, css-in-js)
- Experience developing and running build, test, and deployment tools in production environments
- Strong communication skills to bridge the gap between design, product, and engineering
- An exceptional contributor who creates and executes their own work
- Highly curious; not satisfied with getting something to work, you want to understand why it works and how to make it high quality
What we offer
Top of market pay
Competitive equity package
401(k) plan (US employees)
Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% coverage for you (US employees)
Unlimited paid vacation (we encourage and support frequent time away)
Virtual work environment
Work from home equipment reimbursement (buy what you need)
Internet bill coverage
Daily food stipend
Book and learning reimbursement
Stedi is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.