Companies worldwide are looking for you. Find the right remote job as a graphic designer. Employers and hiring managers are searching for excellent people in graphic design to be part of their company remotely.
Senior Graphic Designer in US or CANADA
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is looking to add a thoughtful and versatile Snr. Graphic Designer to the Marketing Team. The designer will support the Creative Director by creating compelling marketing materials that align with Nylas brand guidelines. The designer should have great attention to detail, be organized and able to juggle multiple projects, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
The designer must have enthusiasm for learning. Nylas is a highly technical company with a developer audience. You will constantly be learning about our product suite and the nuance/lexicon of backend software development in order to design Nylas marketing materials.
While this is not a product design role, you’ll need to create user interfaces and faux products that demonstrate Nylas capabilities, so experience in UI design and/or product design is a major asset to this role.
What You'll Do
- Manage your projects from start to finish: interpret highly technical briefs into literal designs, ensure design best practices are upheld, proof your own work, & do all of your own production work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather project requirements, manage timelines, interpret feedback, & meet team goals.
- Design thoughtful campaigns with the user in mind: infographics, display ads, white papers, webpages, blog & social media assets, videos, presentations, etc.
- Draw custom illustrations & icons that align with brand guidelines.
- Partner with our Wordpress developer to ensure proper file handoff for web assets: clean up Sketch files, export assets, & QA new pages.
- Continuously review the performance of your work to make improvements and strive for optimal user experiences.
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign. After Effects experience is a bonus.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Sketch. Ideally, you should be familiar with using style libraries & dynamic symbols to execute a design system and streamline your workflow (or be willing & able to learn quickly).
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment, on a small team: managing your own workload & meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You’ll need to be able to evangelize design at Nylas and explain your design decisions to non-designer stakeholders.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Digital illustrator in Remote
What you'll do
- Working within the design team you will help to create a strong brand identity through illustrations & iconography
- You will work closely with the product & marketing designers to create beautiful illustrations and icons for our products & marketing campaigns
- Translate designers' ideas into visually stimulating illustrations
- Own the Yellow Card illustration library
- Collaborate closely with designers of different disciplines
- Participate in all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends
- Supporting and sharing your knowledge and expertise with other designers
What you'll need
- You will be able to maintain high design standards, provide an excellent illustrative experience, and work on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Illustrator or Figma
- To be well organised and able to work consistently on recurring projects
- Understand how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders across different teams and countries
- Strong conceptual thinker
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative and has ownership over their workload
Nice to have
- Graphic design experience
- Experience using Figma
- Animation experience
What's in it for you
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to work remotely
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
About Yellow Card
Yellow Card is a financial services company that enables people around the world to invest, save, and send value. We're building a network across Africa that makes investing, saving, & sending money and crypto cheaper, easier, and more reliable than ever before. With millions of customers and counting, Yellow Card is trusted as the crypto exchange and remittance service of choice for Africans.
At Yellow Card, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard, and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 results