Remote companies around the world are looking for you. Find the right remote job in UI/UX design. Employers and hiring managers are searching for UX/UI designers, UX researchers, and product designers to be part of their company remotely.
UX Researcher in Remote in Europe
UX researchers collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and product designers. They help shaping the future of our products with insights at step of the process, from strategy, through evolving solutions through rapid iterative testing and evaluating impact post-release.
As a UX researcher, your job is to understand our customers’ goals and problems they want to solve. Co-create a wide variety of solutions by prototyping many ideas using a variety of tools. You can make decisions about the high-level design of workflows and the details of micro-interactions. You consult with product managers, developers, and UX researchers to reach the best possible solution.
Prezi is a constantly evolving product that will never be "done" because we know we can always make it better. Every day, millions of people share ideas with Prezi - improving their experience and making Prezi more accessible are the two goals that drive everything we do.
Based in Germany, Hungary or Latvia (we have offices in Berlin, Budapest and Riga, but we are a virtual first company, so you can work remotely from these countries), you’ll report to the director of UX Research, Gabor Valyi.
- have deep empathy for customers, bringing the user context (intent, needs, technical competence, use cases, user flows, etc) to defining, scoping, prioritising, evaluating and evolving solutions
- actively engage with understanding business priorities as they relate to the customer experience, working with stakeholders, identifying opportunities for product.
- have minimum 4 years experience with supporting complex user flows and mass market consumer grade products (desktop apps, mobile apps, web based services) as a user experience researcher
- have solid experience in conducting user experience research with a wide variety of user research methods involving qualitative (competitor analysis/desk research, contextual interviews, usability testing, survey, ethnography, diary study) and quantitative data on user behavior
- have a constructive attitude and ability process feedback easily
- have great verbal and written communication in English, excellent listening skills and a proven ability to communicate insights effectively
- have meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- have a Master’s degree preferably in Cognitive Sciences / Psychology / Human Computer Interaction / Design / Computer Science
- strive in an agile, fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities in a flexible manner
Bonus if you
- have experience using Prezi
- have a passion for visual communication
- enjoy highly collaborative environments
The best part:
Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply with your CV and if you have portfolio we'd love to see that too.
UX/UI Designer - Mobile in Remote
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer with extensive experience in product design for native applications. The ideal candidate has experience within a start-up or midsize company with small squad like teams. We are looking for candidates with a business to consumer background, subscription services a big plus. Someone with a high bar for product quality, and a passion for health tech and wellness will thrive in this role.
How you'll contribute
- Working as part of a cross-disciplinary team to deliver successful experiences that drive value for both our customers and our business
- Creating innovative mobile experiences — via information architecture and low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity mockups, and everything in-between — to solve real problems for our users in a way that is both usable and beautiful for both iOS and Android devices
- Helping build, document and organize the UI components of our design system.
- Combining qualitative and quantitative customer insights to make design decisions that make our product better and move the needle to drive engagement and retention.
- Conducting usability studies and user interviews to inform design work
- Serving as the subject matter expert responsible for mobile user interactions - including researching and staying up-to-date on emerging mobile design trends and best practices
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3+ years experience in mobile interface UI and/or UX with a strong portfolio including live examples.
- Passion for user research, from developing to executing user interviews and testing.
- Curiosity with the technical implications of design decisions, and the ability to find the right balance between new user value and technical effort.
- You are obsessed with simplicity.
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
UX Designer in Home based - EMEA
Remote role (EMEA time zone required) with good travel opportunities, predominantly to the US and Europe. Great benefits on offer too.
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading operating system for container, cloud, internet of things and hyperscale computing, central to modern tech from development to production.
Our design team, centred in Europe, has specialists in visual and UX design, and front and back end development. We collaborate, as product design squads, with global distributed development engineering teams.
We count on our team to bring together deep design-thinking, technical domain knowledge, with great instincts, through a rigorous process – to shape products for a very demanding audience. You’ll fit in if you have equal appetites for design, innovation and technology.
Read more about the design team >
You are passionate about taking on complex design challenges meeting user needs and you enjoy working with the design team and teams across Canonical to deliver on the strategic vision for the company. You should have some experience as a user experience designer in either agency, company or freelance environments.
You will be working closely with other user experience and visual designers, front and back-end developers, and project management, as part of the design team, reporting to the Head of UX under the Design Director.
What you will be doing
You will be part of a team working on web applications for enterprise cloud services, IoT and embedded devices, bringing exciting new projects to life and improving existing ones.
- You will plan and conduct research with target users and stakeholders from the business to identify and document users' needs and requirements as well as business requirements and KPIs
- You will provide sketches on paper, wireframes, information architecture, prototypes and detailed specifications for implementation teams and for testing purposes.
- You will work with developers to communicate and evaluate designs through to implementation - keeping a constant and open communication channel and ensuring products are delivered to a high standard.
- We try as much as we can to share our experiences and knowledge within the team and to the community through informal presentations, the design blog and other events.
Required skills and experience
- Ability to create great looking wireframes that work across a variety of form factors
- Keenness for exploring alternative options and iterating designs based on input and feedback from the team, stakeholders, and users
- Aptitude for working at different levels of fidelity, taking an initial idea from sketches to final detailed artwork, and everything in between
- Desire to work collaboratively with team members across different disciplines
- Ability to articulate clearly and effectively your design decisions to team members, engineers and stakeholders
- Ability to work in an agile way and manage your own workload to deliver designs to agreed timescales
- Proficiency in using your preferred design and prototyping tools
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2~4 years experience in a similar role
What we offer
- Opportunity to help shape a company and products with strong influence in the open source community
- A fantastic work environment within a team of friendly people with a broad range of skill sets, from UX and visual designers to researchers and engineers
- Opportunity to create work that will potentially be seen by millions of people
- Remote role (EMEA time zone required) with good travel opportunities, predominantly to the US and Europe. Great benefits on offer too.
- Benefits package, including cycle to work scheme, pension scheme and health insurance
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
UI Designer in Remote
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we're building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally.
Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you're applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gather and evaluate requirements in collaboration with project leads, front-end engineers, and key stakeholders.
- Illustrate ideas using sketches, storyboards, wireframes, diagrams, mockups and prototypes.
- Design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes for various products, using an atomic design or component-based methodology to abstract reusable patterns into an evolving design system.
- Conduct user testing on a regular basis to validate design decisions and optimize user flows.
- Synthesize findings of user testing activities and analyze data from analytics to inform business decisions.
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during product meetings.
- Contribute and adhere to brand guidelines on typography, iconography, colors, imagery and graphic style across various brands.
- Improve the communication of complex technical concepts using clear and simple graphic designs for websites, applications and marketing materials - e.g. branded imagery, technical diagrams, visualizations, infographics, animations etc.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong portfolio demonstrating 5+ years of professional experience with a breadth of UI and visual design capabilities.
- High level of proficiency and creative flair in visual communication, UI design, visual design principles, typography, iconography, responsive design etc.
- Experience in the design thinking process and lean startup methodologies.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, but also capable of working autonomously at times, and prioritize tasks.
- Experience creating digital visual assets for a variety of target audiences.
- Strong knowledge of current UI design best practices, mobile (iOS, Android) and web production techniques and limitations. Working knowledge of CSS and HTML ideal, but not essential.
- Experience working directly with front-end developers to translate designs into production-ready code.
- Solid understanding of component-based design systems and maintaining style guides.
- Ability to create performant animated interactions for web and mobile platforms. Experience with motion design would be a big plus.
- Proficiency with modern design tools like Figma (our tool of choice) and ability to learn and adapt to new ones.
- Clear and concise written and oral English communication skills.
- Interest in emerging interactive technology in web, mobile, and other devices.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity.
User Experience Designer in Remote Worldwide
Bandcamp is a global music community where fans discover great music and directly support the artists who make it. We believe that music is an indispensable part of culture, and for that culture to thrive, artists—no matter their identity, community, or genre—must be compensated fairly and transparently for their work.
• Have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of artists and their millions of fans each and every day.
• Use your expertise in user experience, interaction, visual design and prototyping tools tocreate, evaluate and communicate design decisions.
• Conduct user research and use the findings to inform your work.
• Collaborate with fellow designers to ensure alignment across the product.
• Collaborate across disciplines – working closely with engineering, product management andother departments.
• Strong expertise in user experience, interaction, and visual design for consumer-facingdigital products.
• A strong understanding and dedication to the user-centered design process.
• Comfort working in an iterative design environment, including managing feedback andpresenting your work.
• Experience designing across multiple devices and platforms.
• Ability to take your ideas from sketches to mockups to HTML/CSS.
• A joie de vivre that permeates your work and elevates it from good to great.
• Supplemental skills in areas like front-end development, animation, illustration, print, video, and/or photography.
• You live in any part of the world, but your work schedule overlaps GMT-7 at least four hours each day.
Product Design Lead (Contract) in Remote
- Specialised in cross-platform mobile product design (iOS and Android).
- Experience with mobile optimisation and adaptive design (e.g. from web to mobile, various screen sizes and densities).
- Ability to define and solve product challenges through design.
- Experience with design research and discovery.
- Experience with usability tests and prototyping.
- Great UX/UI skills and service design methods.
- Rock solid design process. Agile.
- Ability to ideate, iterate and aim for the highest quality standards for design.
- Great at collaboration: cross-discipline, with other designers as well as with stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate their ideas and concepts with both business and users goals in mind.
- Affinity for product strategy.
- Be an advocate for the best user experience.
- Pragmatic, and able to take quick decisions in a high pace environment.
- Proficiency with current industry standard design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Protopie, Principle, Framer…).
UX and Design Lead (f/*/m) in Remote
Do you have a background in interaction design, visual design, and user experience? Then this position could be perfect for you!
What you’ll do
Together with a small product team of 4, you’ll work alongside engineers in teams that own parts of the Frontastic product to make sure our user experience is best in class. Example problems you’ll get to tackle are “signup experience for new developers” and “real-time content preview for marketers.” You’ll define our design strategy and work through design problems from beginning to end, from research and analytics into concepts, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions.
- Own Frontastic brand’s visual identity
- Evolve Frontastic’s design processes, principles, and tooling
- Partner with a product manager to identify and define opportunities that inform our product roadmap
- Conduct customer research and interviews
- Translate user research and data into concepts that solve our customers’ problems
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Consider solutions from multiple perspectives and sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability
- Iteratively design the detailed interactions required to make the solution a reality
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas
- Conduct user tests to get input on the designs and concepts you and the teamwork on
- Communicate design choices effectively and with the evidence that went into the design process
- Share what you’re learning, both internally and with the wider community via our blog
Who you are
- You reside and work in Europe (UTC to UTC +3)
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design, and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Experience in designing and shipping high-quality digital products
- Experience with user journey mapping, service design blueprints, and other frameworks for defining user journeys and interactions
- Self-starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Confident presenter and facilitator
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Possess the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re in this together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration are key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency first: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
How we work
We’re a remote native company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. There are no fixed expectations regarding working hours, it’s normal for us to take care of private matters during the day – for example, visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a
friendly learning environment
and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like co-working and pair programming when it makes sense to keep the amount of knowledge debt low.
- As a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
We’ve put together a package for our employees which we think is pretty awesome, but you can judge for yourself.
- €64k – €79.5k
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that’s most effective for you
- Development budget of €500 per year
- Regular in-person and virtual retreats and other events (COVID dependent)
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you’re free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance where health insurance is not mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement, including public holidays
Since we currently work from 13 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond this.
We’d love to hear from you
If this UX and Design Lead role sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why me” and link to your portfolio to [email protected] and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
UI/UX Designer in Remote
We’re looking for some awesome UI/UX designers to join our Product Design Team.
This is what you’ll be doing:
– Designing super usable interfaces for WordPress related products and services (not themes).
– Updating existing products and services to bring them in line with our company’s modern shared style guide and working with our existing design system.
– Spending a minimum of 40 hours every week working on cool projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– 3+ years experience designing complex web apps.
– A solid understanding of WordPress, plugins and how the ecosystem works with it’s opportunities and limitations.
– Sketch designers (only) who work well with Invision, Slack, Asana and shared design libraries.
– Comfortable working across multiple projects at once and liaising with your Product Manager.
– Hard worker, real self-motivator and team player.
– A good communicator who proactively responds to emails and Slack messages.
Note: This job advert isn’t looking for theme developers, or programmers – designers only who understand WordPress, please.
- We offer very attractive working conditions for the right candidate
- 28 days paid leave per annum (up to 35 days)
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Long service leave (3 months off paid) after you’ve been with us for a while
- Up to 2 months salary bonus based on company growth targets
- Technology budgets every three years, the longer you serve, the higher the budget
- General expenses budget yearly, the longer you’re here, the more you get
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Show us your mad skills, download the UI/UX Task Sheet, answer those questions and then get your application in. It’s that simple! Working for WPMU DEV is super fun, flexible and rewarding – let’s create something awesome today!
UX/UI Designer in Remote
We're building the new Creator Economy.
Our mission is to enable 10'000'000 Creators to monetize their passion by 2030.
In this role you will
- Design highly functional and beautiful user interfaces in Figma.
- Create wireframes, mockups and prototypes for all platforms and screen sizes.
- Be involved in key decisions about our brand, design and processes.
- Culture - a passionate, positive, high-performance team.
- Ownership - be part of the core team of creable and build products from scratch!
- Remote work – we have a diverse and globally distributed team.
- Flexibility & trust - work from where and when you want, forever!
- Equity - you can trade a portion of your salary for equity.
We work 100% remotely. You can work wherever you’re most productive and happy.
Our hiring process
- Culture fit interview
- Technical assessment
- Trial period (1 month of paid work)
- 3+ years of UX/UI experience, designing digital products and a portfolio to prove it.
- Very good Figma skills.
- Strong expertise in gathering and evaluating customer feedback.
- Very good English communication skills (written and orally).
- A clear vision on clean design and a strong sense for layout and typography.
- Actually read everything so far. I will later ask you for a code word in the survey. The code word is: “Creator”
Senior UX/UI designer in London, Remote
Ideally you’ll have experience across all areas of product design from research and analysis through to wireframing / prototyping and beyond. You’ll be familiar with designing and documenting complete design systems and managing handoff developers.
You’ll have led projects in the past and may have run your own design team. You’ll be able to help steer direction and take the front foot on the path a project takes as well as provide the documentation to support this.
The right tools
You’re able to identify which tools in your arsenal are the best fit for your project. You’ll know when a problem needs a workshop to make progress, when a big scary unknown needs testing, and when it’s the right time to move to design.
You should have experience of dealing with clients and internal stakeholders and be able to expertly communicate with the teams you collaborate with. You’ll likely be familiar with running workshops and will know how to present design effectively and manage feedback.
Our ideal candidate
- At least 6 years’ experience in a professional design environment
- Thrives in an agile environment
- A lover of all things Sketch and Figma
- An expert communicator with client facing experience
- A natural leader who can run the entirety of a design project
- Someone eager to learn new techniques and help us improve
- Someone who has a grasp of the technical side of things (although no coding experience required)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Weekly yoga classes
- Company creative outings and hack days (when we’re allowed!)
- Year long agency training programme
We are a 100% remote team with the majority of us based in London, UK. You don’t have to be UK-based, we will accept applications from any location, but would prefer people who work in similar time zones.
Please include for us
- Your CV
- A little bit about yourself
- Some recent work that you’re proud of
- A link to your portfolio
The boring small print
Salary is negotiable and will be based on skills and experience.
Sorry, but we are not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies. All enquiries will be ignored.