Collections Analyst - EMEA - Worldwide
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-starting, ambitious, and experienced Collections Specialist to support the EMEA business at our London, UK office. The Collections Analyst oversees the accounts receivable efforts of a portfolio of European customers’ monthly receivables and acts as the conduit between the European sales team, the customer and corporate. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with a customer-centric mindset, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
This position plays an essential role in minimizing our financial loss by implementing receivable and collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency encountered and reports to our International Collections Manager.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of customers based in Europe
- Be responsible for updating management on customer payment issues
- Act as primary AR contact for the European sales team
- Perform consistent collections diligence to ensure timely conversion of past due and current accounts receivable
- Escalate past due accounts for review and approval for account suspension or when account resolution has not occurred within certain timelines
- Resolve customer issues preventing payment timely and accurately within prescribed SLA commitments
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve account issues such as pricing, returns, or defective items
- Reconcile customer accounts to resolve discrepancies caused by misapplied payments or other account issues as needed
- Maintain account data as needed for accurate customer information
- Coordinate support and/or resolution for Account Team (AE or CSM) with questions about billing and contracts or escalate to Invoice Team when necessary
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years business to business collections experience
- Knowledge of operational accounts receivable processes
- Excellent customer service skills to provide best-in-class service
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with high attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Spanish, French or German language skills highly desired
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with SaaS and or technology firms with high volume and growth
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Originally posted on Himalayas