Commercial Account Executive - Worldwide
28 days ago
Hello 👋! We make Octopus Deploy.We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out) Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.The Commercial Account Executive will join our growing team and will help to identify potential client opportunities and generate new business. In this role, you will nurture and grow our relationship with customers by owning accounts and delivering exceptional performance and service. This is a remote role to work in Australia or New Zealand. You must reside in and have unrestricted working rights in Australia or New Zealand to be considered.Salary Expectations: $155-186 AUD annual salary + commission + stock options
A Typical Day Will Look Like:
- Identifying emerging product and industry trends through customer insights and competitive analysis to continually feed vertical opportunities into the pipeline for assessment.
- Developing and managing sales pipeline accurate forecast through the CRM system.
- Building multi-threaded strategic relationships within assigned named accounts.
- Serving as key client contact for all customers and co-ordinate resources to support pre post-sale experience, professional services, and technical account team.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Developing and presenting executive-level presentations to new and existing customers.
You'll Be A Great Fit For This Role If You:
- Live in the USA and have working rights.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, putting your hand up to help where needed, mentoring junior team members, and making a positive contribution to the culture of the business.
- Are ambitious and driven: You enthusiastically create new business opportunities.
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills, motivated, driven and results-oriented.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Have at least 3+ years of full-cycle sales experience, ideally in the Enterprise space and DevOps.
- Know the DevOps industry and can demonstrate 3+ years of software sales experience.
- Have experience managing a list of 20+ accounts, existing and new customers.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and partners.
- Can demonstrate a track record of quota attainment.
- Have a strong business development background and experience in opening new logos.
- Experience with MEDDPICC, salesforce, and storytelling techniques to solve customer problems.
- Have experience selling to developers, QA engineers, and site-reliability engineers.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How To Apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location (Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom) to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.
Originally posted on Himalayas