Communications Specialist - USA
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children's life stories!
World Vision Internships provide a three-month opportunity for exceptional students and recent graduates ready to explore a career in the international relief and development sector. We are committed to providing interns with a meaningful learning experience where you are able to learn, grow and connect alongside other emerging professionals who are passionate about our mission.
Take on challenging and meaningful work assignments while developing your technical skills and gaining valuable hands-on experience.
Deepen your understanding of the sector, develop your leadership potential, and grow your Christian faith during weekly professional development seminars and workshops.
Form connections with a diverse nationwide intern cohort and build your professional network at one of the largest international relief, development, and advocacy organisations in the world.
make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Able to commit to a minimum of 24 hours per week for the entire internship period: 22 May - 18 August 2023
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid U.S Social Security Number.
- Be physically located in one of the following states where WVI is registered as an employer: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia (Washington D.C.), Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- Current or recent graduate from an undergraduate programme (within 2 years).
- Adhere to World Vision International's Christian Statement of Faith.
- Willingness to use own electronic devices for internship purposes, and disposition to let WVI install endpoint security software in those devices.
- Stipend: All US-based interns are paid a monthly stipend of $650
- Hours: Full-time and part-time opportunities are available (24-40 hours/week)
- Internship Location: Remote within the US (see eligible states above).
- Appropriate Fields of Study/Majors: Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, English, or related field.
Are you a wizard with words? Can you craft messaging and copy that connects emotionally, tells a story and yet can speak to impact and statistics? Are you someone that can navigate different channels and show knowledge of how best to communicate on them? If this sounds like you, you could be a great fit for our advocacy communications specialist intern.
World Vision International's Social Mobilisation Team is dedicated to ending violence against children and inspiring supporters to join with us in that cause. Our goal is to create an engaging connection between the work that World Vision does, through our It Takes a World campaign and other advocacy campaigns, to decision-makers, both locally and globally, in a unified voice of change.
As an intern, you will join our team, and the larger advocacy and external engagement team, to bring creative and fresh ideas to our current work. You'll work with a team of passionate individuals to end violence against children.
The intern's responsibilities will include:
- Copywriting and content editing.
- Email content writing.
- Social media post writing.
- Learn about the connection of advocacy and policy with public mobilisation.
- Acquire real-life skills in a 34.000-employee organization.
- Access weekly professional development programming delivered by WV People and Culture.
- Be surrounded by people who motivate and inspire you.
- Make a lasting impact on the lives of the most vulnerable children.
Here are three key elements for success:
- You exhibit knowledge and experience in writing.
- You are experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
- You feel comfortable working as part of a virtual and global team.
- You are passionate about using your God-given talents to positively impact children.
- Mailchimp experience.