Content Curator, US (Contract) - Worldwide
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Title: Content Curator (Contractor) - US
Location: Remote US/CA/MX
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for a Content Curator (Contractor) to join the Content Experiences, Curation team, where they will be tasked with managing weekend coverage of top events, trends, and conversations for US Reddit users. Curation serves the Reddit community as the preeminent in-market tastemakers. We employ first-party data matched with a deep understanding of cultural trends to drive programming across a variety of surfaces and connect users to the best and most relevant content.
This Content Curator role will be expected to independently manage weekend coverage by surfacing the best and most relevant content to users across numerous live surfaces.
The ideal candidate is an editorial-minded cultural expert with strong operational, social media, and writing skills. Whether it be an affinity for memes, television, sports, or popular culture, we’re looking for people who follow the news, get curious about any community on Reddit, and know what sets Reddit apart.
The right candidate should have experience creating or publishing content on social media, be on top of cultural trends and individuals driving the news, and be comfortable operating independently and making decisions within guidelines, but without direct hands-on supervision.
- Own the operational processes for independently updating, managing, and validating numerous programmable curated surfaces over the weekend
- Keep your finger on the pulse of key events and trends across the region (both IRL and online), and find and program relevant content
- Provide feedback to help improve internal tools, processes and standards
- Reddit experience, familiarity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work weekends
- Fluency in English (+ Spanish, French, and or German would be a plus)
- Relevant university or work experience curating or creating social media content
- Strong understanding of news, entertainment, memes, and gaming culture
- Comfortable applying global standards and guidelines in order to make local editorial decisions, independently
- Intellectually curious, displaying excellent taste and judgment
- A strong communicator
- Experience working remote as part of a global team, across multiple timezones, cultures, and locations
- Experience with newsgathering or social media listening tools
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE IS MEASURED BY
- Identifying the best Reddit content and emerging trends related to on-platform events and/or global conversations
- Working efficiently under time pressure, upholding content standards while demonstrating dedication to accuracy, impartiality, and dedication to the user
- Using data to improve and inform content decisions
- Clear and concise communication
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Originally posted on Himalayas