Contract: Lead Back End Engineer - Worldwide
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
Are you a Senior/Lead Software Engineer who is passionate about design and building highly performant, robust systems to create outstanding user experiences and helping impact the professional lives of millions of independent professionals and clients around the world? Do you relish solving important problems? Do you enjoy identifying potential scalability issues, implementing solutions that follow engineering standard methodologies, and coming up with creative solutions to both technical and product challenges? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is a long-term contract position.
- You will be working with Engineering teams, Product Managers, and Designers to build outstanding products for our users!
- Our setup requires collaborative work which includes code reviews and writing supporting documentation
- You’ll share the ownership of our code domain and will actively work to increase its quality and reduce technical debt
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Solid software development experience using Java
- Extensive knowledge of REST
- Experience in writing well-structured, easily maintainable unit tests (such as JUnit, Mockito, etc)
- Experience with relational databases
- Consistent track record of collaborating with large, distributed teams of engineers over documentation and code
- A desire to learn new technologies and continually develop your professional skills
- Comfortable working with AWS
- Experience building / supporting high load web applications and solving scalability issues
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Originally posted on Himalayas