Corporate Finance Planning Lead - Worldwide
10 days ago
Working at AtlassianAtlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.This is a remote position. To help our teams work together, this role requires you to be located in the US Pacific timezone.Your future teamOur Corporate Financial Planning team is a small but mighty team split between the United State and Australia. You will be part of a team that acts as the “glue” across Finance to guide Atlassian’s continued success, and who are responsible for strategic, annual and quarterly operating planning for the entire company. We're hiring a Corporate Finance Planning Lead, reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate FPA. In this individual contributor role, you will provide insightful recommendations to the Executive Team to support strategic investment decisions and resource allocations.
What you'll do
- Lead the short-term planning function within Corporate FPA, partnering with and providing direction to the broader FPA team and senior business leaders.
- You will help reshape the next phase of planning at Atlassian by partnering with the Head of Corporate Planning on defining, building, and scoping out our company-wide target-setting and financial planning processes.
- You will coordinate with broader FPA team through our short-term "Rolling 4" planning process to ensure company achievement in key financial performance metrics (including revenue, operating expenses, and operating margin targets).
- You will produce high-quality, written materials for finance leadership and senior management which enable complex, company-level decisions.
- You will use your prior financial modeling and technical skillset to produce ad hoc scenario analysis.
- 7-10 years of experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- Experience in a Corporate function of an FPA team and/or managing company-wide business metrics. Experience at a SaaS tech company is a plus.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and financial statements.
- Prior financial and scenario modeling skills using Excel / Google Sheets (can perform complex functions).
- Experience working with, engaging with, and presenting to senior leadership through written and oral communication.
- Comfortable operating "in the gray" and working with ambiguous information to determine a path forward.
- Expertise in FPA best practices, including how to set company wide financial targets and lead financial planning processes.
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics).
Our perks benefitsAtlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
About AtlassianAt Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
Originally posted on Himalayas