Customer Success Manager, West - Worldwide
At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
To further our commitment to providing an exceptional experience to our Enterprise customers, Vercel is looking to add another Customer Success Manager (CSM) to our fast-growing Customer Success team. The Customer Success Manager will own a portfolio of customer accounts and drive greater business value for them by bringing Vercel’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to those customers.
The CSM role is pivotal in managing everything post-sales in the Enterprise customer lifecycle, including detailed customer onboarding, the setting and measuring of success criteria, issue resolution and escalation, identifying and generating expansion opportunities, and management of the customer renewal.
The role requires a technical background, with a strong emphasis on frontend development, cloud infrastructure and networking, and modern application deployment methods. The ability to coordinate well and work with many customers across multiple time zones is crucial, as is building long-standing relationships with product champions for your assigned accounts, working closely with them at all times to continually improve their teams' Vercel experience.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a portfolio of Enterprise customers.
- Be a trusted technical advisor by aligning Vercel's platform features with the customer's business strategy.
- Drive incremental value by leading the customer through training and adoption of Vercel's best practices.
- Guide the customer through their lifecycle by driving adoption while realizing business value.
- Mentor customers on how best to use Vercel’s technology to Develop, Preview, and Ship.
- Leverage account tiering to prioritize your account portfolio while ensuring retention and growth.
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer loyalty.
- Facilitate Executive Business Reviews with economic decision makers and Vercel executive sponsors.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer to align our resources and efforts to improve the customer experience.
- Partner with the Sales team to help identify and raise expansion opportunities.
- 3+ years of customer/account management.
- Experience and proficiency with Front-end web development libraries and frameworks like React, Node, Next.js, Express is preferred but not required.
- Experience maintaining relationships from junior to C-suite level.
- Strong initiative and positive attitude.
- Strong collaboration mindset capabilities; Comfortable with asynchronous remote work.
- A general understanding of working within a serverless environment.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and deployment pipelines preferred.
- Comfortable managing accounts with varying requirements.
- Demonstrable self-starter, curious and solution focused.
Bonus If You:
- Have devised and put in motion growth and activation strategies.
- Are experienced in Front-end web development libraries.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of a CDN and/or Proxy.
- Understand well, and can communicate clearly about DNS.
- Have experience working with Enterprise applications at global scale.
- Have previously worked at a high growth SaaS company.
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $105,000.00 - $145,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
Originally posted on Himalayas