Data Engineer III - Worldwide
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
This role provides technical expertise to software development projects and the development and implementation of database management system solutions.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Defines IT software and database solutions by working with enterprise architecture teams and IT leadership.
- Effectively plans and manages assignments spanning multiple projects
- Collaborates with data scientists and analysts to provide data-driven solutions and insights.
- Serves as a technical consultant to Managers and functional teams in the IT organization.
- Drives technical and procedural change relative to best practices in software and database development
- Builds teams as necessary to solve problems by taking ownership and mentoring developers while finding solutions
- Defines test strategies and procedures to drive total quality across IT systems
- Clearly communicates project issues and status with the project team and IT leadership.
- Integrates new data engineering tools with other data storage and processing systems.
- Ensures data security and compliance with data governance policies.
- Builds and maintains data pipelines and workflows.
- Develops and optimizes Spark-based data processing applications.
- Implements data transformations and aggregations for large datasets.
- Troubleshoots and debugs data-related issues.
- Develops in languages like Pyspark and Python
- Preprocess of structured and unstructured data
- Analyzes, transforms, and creates SQL queries
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, procedures and internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes- Oxley Act 2002 Section 404.
► Key Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required with 8+ years of previous experience in this field required.
- MS in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience is preferred.
- Experience in all phases of the software/database development cycle is required.
- Experience with Python and Spark in Databricks required.
- Experience with Terraform is highly desirable.
- Working experience in CI/CD deployments required.
- Must have at least one year of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Technologies and/or applicable background and experience on a similar database platform.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and understanding of the C# programming language
- Must have experience building data services in use of SQL stored procedures, functions, or other platform constructs.
- Experience using cloud-based data technologies and/or MPP database systems is highly desirable.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret business requirements and translate those into functioning computer software that executes in a relational database system.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other associates.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing business issues and needs.
- Must be proactive, have teamwork abilities, be self-motivated, possess competent judgment and be deadline oriented
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
The salary range for this position is $95,325 - $139,810/ year.
The hiring [base salary / wage rate] range above represents what Avery Dennison reasonably expects to pay for this position as of the date of this posting. Actual salaries will vary within the range, and in some circumstances may be above or below the range, based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant skills, experience, education and training, and location, as well as the job scope and complexity, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel required for the position, which may change depending on the candidate pool. Avery Dennison reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
► Additional Requirements
- Travel may be required as needed to support clients.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures.
► Supervisory Responsibilities
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Originally posted on Himalayas