Data Engineer (Python) - Worldwide
22 days ago
About TrellisWe are a legal research and analytics company that utilizes AI and Machine Learning to harvest and analyze hundreds of millions of state trial court documents and data that we mine to provide our clients with practical, data-backed intelligence to deliver fast, high-quality results about judicial rulings and competitive analysis. In the past 12 months we 3x our business! We have recently concluded our Series A finance round and raised $14M!We are now looking for a seasoned, impact-driven Senior Data Engineer that wants to be a meaningful part of a small Engineering team. You will be working to build clean, scalable architecture to keep up with our rapidly growing user base and data.
About The RoleAs a Senior Data Engineer at Trellis, you will work on backend services, data flows and analytics. You will get to work on organizing, transforming and serving large data sets in a high speed and high volume environment.
- At least 8 years of experience with Backend or Data Engineering.
- Have mentored other Engineers in multiple projects.
- Python proficiency and working knowledge of Django, AWS and Linux are a must.
- Familiarity with Redis, Elasticsearch and Postgres.
- Strong understanding of Architecture, API Development, Big Data and Performance Optimization.
- Detail-oriented and can translate Data requirements into a working application.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent technical work experience.
- Take ownership of data flow and analytics.
- Build a data architecture you are proud to highlight.
- Work closely with other Engineers on multiple projects and products.
- Work with existing large scale data sets.
- Organize data and optimize speed of application performance.
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers on large scale data projects.
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand new features.
- Meaningful equity.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 100% remote work.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- 401k retirement plan.
Originally posted on Himalayas