Data Privacy Analyst II - USA
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
Summary / Role Purpose
The Data Privacy Analyst II - The Analyst will be responsible for performing day-to-day activities supporting both the data privacy, data retention, and data compliance programs, including: (i) conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs); (ii) assisting with data privacy integrations relating to M&A activities; (iii) supporting the day-to-day implementation of the programs; (iv) supporting the Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) process; and (v) having an overall integral role in executing general program roadmap initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts day-to-day data privacy, data compliance, and data retention activities, including performing PIAs, ensuring the execution of the privacy checklist for M&A integrations, drafting standards, and escalating issues and questions, as needed.
- Supports the internal team to further the completion of assessments, reviews and ensures processes are executed and questions are addressed within a defined cadence.
- Provides program and project support, including the development and maintenance of program(s) metrics and reporting.
- Partners with the business teams to further implement the data privacy, data retention, and data compliance standards.
- Assists in the design, testing, implementation, enforcement and monitoring of data compliance standards and controls.
- Collects, understands, and communicates business teams' applicable requirements to management to create informed action plans.
- Engages with cross-functional, global stakeholders to embrace and champion an enterprise-wide culture, where data is deemed an enterprise asset and data compliance is seamlessly incorporated into Ansys systems.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret internally provided guidance to recommend best-practices to ensure data compliancy in products and systems.
- Possesses and maintains subject matter expertise of global and local privacy matters such as HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, DSL, etc., and assists in enterprise-wide educational efforts.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of related experience in data privacy, records management, data governance, cyber security, data compliance, or related fields; preferably on a global scale
- Demonstrates both collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, while completing tasks and projects autonomously
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and identify new work
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational and presentations skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, developing, and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- HIPAA experience
- Project management experience
- OneTrust experience
- Privacy Professional Certification (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.