Database Performance Consultant - MongoDB - Worldwide
26 days ago
If you are passionate about all things MongoDB, love helping customers succeed, and want to play a critical role in the evolution of technical support for open source databases, Percona's MongoDB Engineer position was made for you. You will serve on the front line, providing our customers with best of breed professional technical support services for MongoDB, resolving complex problems for customers with demanding deployments and business needs. At the same time, you will form the backbone of our MongoDB support organization, assisting your fellow support engineers, leading the way in blogging and Support content creation, collaborating with other departments, and having a direct, positive impact on our product strategy. If you are ready to be a part of our team, then contact us today!
Your Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Excellent knowledge of both RDBMS's and MongoDB, including:
- All aspects of configuration and best practices.
- Schema design, performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning.
- Backup solutions.
- Replica set and sharding topologies.
- Engine selection and usage.
- etailed understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems.
- Knowledge about virtualized environments such as VMWare, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Knowledge about cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean and/or Azure)
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Enthused to expand your skill set with new technologies as the industry continues to evolve
- Availability to travel for the occasional team meeting, conference and customer visit
- Experience working with customers in English
- Completed MongoDB University courses
What will make you stand out
- Percona Backup for MongoDB
- Experience with MongoDB Atlas
- Postgres DBA troubleshooting (basic level or higher)
- Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins and other monitoring tools.
- Configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Percona Toolkit suite.
- Writing Python and golang is preferred
- Hands on experience of MySQL (Minimum 2+ years).
Percona's Lifestyle:· Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!· With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team· Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active· Our internal programs include groups like: · The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more. · Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.· Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.· FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend. Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter. We look forward to connecting with you!!--WEB-ONLY--
Originally posted on Himalayas