Deal Desk Strategist - Worldwide
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
The Deal Desk manages Quote-to-Cash (Q2C) and facilitates the complex deal structures and requests that our clients demand. We drive scale within the Sales and Client Success teams and allow reps to focus on selling – while we create efficiencies, increase profitability, and enforce stronger controls.
As a Deal Desk Strategist, you will enable cross-functional deal execution, optimize revenue growth, mitigate risk and drive a world-class deal desk. You will work closely with reps and leadership across the organization (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Legal, Finance) and directly interface with account executives and customers to drive commercial outcomes. We are looking for a contributor with uncanny attention to detail and an eagerness to collaborate broadly.
You will operate as an expert in our products, pricing, processes and systems. You will advise, coach, and train Sales and CS reps daily to drive efficiency and rigor in our commercial processes. You will also drive initiatives to improve our commercial processes and outcomes. You will report directly to our Deal Desk and Customer Operations Lead, join a high-powered Revenue Operations Enablement team, and operate as a strategic advisor to the Sales and CS team.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Own and evolve our Quote-to-Cash and deal approval processes
- Run the day-to-day operations of our deal desk across ensuring robust client quotes, order forms, contracting and issue resolution
- Support the contract review and negotiation process, including for complex deals
- Partner on launching new products, packages and price books in collaboration with Product Marketing, Finance, and Enablement
- Refine and evolve our deal approval and product quote processes – including assessing current processes, identifying underlying issues and driving improvements
- Serve as the trusted advisor and go-to resource for our GtM teams for our commercial processes
- Partner with GtM leadership and enablement to limit rep time spent on non-selling activities – educating CS and Sales teams on process requirements and changes
- Ensure Sales and CS teams are operating within our rules of engagement and setting appropriate expectations with clients
- Be the expert on our end-to-end quote to cash processes, helping inform the overall organization and identifying potential issues upstream
- Engage directly with clients as necessary to accelerate deals
- Be the vanguard for accurate and reliable commercials that underpin our client relationships and revenue reporting
- Lead ongoing and month-end closing audit and quality activities
- Ensure all order form and contract data is accurate across CRM and other systems, including partnering with cross-functional teams to reconcile downstream processes
- Ensure SLAs on deal requests from Sales are being met or exceeded and avoid being a blocker in the Sales cycle
- Create strategic impact by leading projects and exposing insights
- Lead projects to evolve our commercial infrastructure – whether it be unifying our reporting, evaluating new solutions like a CPQ or rebooting our cross-functional deal approval exceptions process
- Analyze and publish deal and pricing intelligence to evolve our commercial strategy
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in Deal Desk and/or Revenue Operations at an enterprise SaaS company
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in deal desk, commercial processes, contract or order form management
- Experience with Salesforce and spreadsheet analysis a must; experience with Ironclad, CPQ, and Netsuite is a plus
- Have a bias to action, an ownership mentality, and ability to triage in a fast-moving environment
- Espouse a standard of excellence (i.e. your work is known for high rigor, attention to detail, and lasting impact, and you help to improve results in organizations during periods of high growth and change)
- Pillar of ruthless prioritization and time management with ability to balance triaging day-to-day issues with strategic priorities
- Empathetic toward reps and are invested in their success and possess an understanding of the pain points experienced by reps at each stage of the sales cycle
- First class problem-solver who can quickly translate ambiguity into insight and actionable recommendations
- Excellent collaborator and humble expert
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.
Originally posted on Himalayas