Developer Educator - Worldwide
10 days ago
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, with a growing club of 25,000+ customers including startups, universities and Fortune 500 firms. We're motivated by excellent quality, and proud to have received a 97% satisfaction rating from our customers.That's because, to us, each day is a chance to grow. As a team, we continuously inspire each other to learn new and better ways to make an impact. We own our jobs proudly - our leaders don't hold our hands, but they're in our corner whenever we ask for help - and our environment is flexible and remote-first.We are looking for a Developer Educator who will be focused on producing original, compelling, and engaging video content for the developer community and Kinsta customers. This role would fit someone who loves coding and applying what they are doing/learnings to different scenarios in which developers operate in and are eager to connect. The Developers Educator will report to the Executive VP of Marketing.
What You Will Do:
- Develop creative and compelling video concepts that speak to Kinsta’s target audience with a focus on developers, CTOs, and DevOps.
- Create high-quality videos, that include demos, tutorials, and educational content, to demonstrate the capabilities and features of Kinsta.
- Engage with OSS project contributors to foster relationships that would benefit all parties involved.
- Create videos on how to overcome development issues, how to manage web projects, troubleshoot web applications, and build web projects and host them at Kinsta.
- Produce technical video content (tutorials and explainer videos) to be published on Kinsta’s YouTube channel and the company's website.
- Structure videos in a logical and sequential manner, promoting knowledge retention and incorporating engaging visuals, animations, and graphics to enhance the educational value of the videos.
- Create and deliver online webinars and/or live demos of Kinsta features to developers.
- Develop online courses and learning materials to help developers understand and utilize our hosting solutions effectively.
- Collaborate with the marketing and developer relations teams to create new video segments that align with Kinsta’s goals and target audience.
What You Bring To The Table:
- Minimum of 3 years of coding experience
- Minimum of 2 years of video Experience
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Experience making videos for developers
- Bonus if you currently have a YouTube channel
- Flexible and remote-first environment.
- Annual remote expense budget.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Annual professional development budget: available after one year with Kinsta.
- Sabbatical: available after three years with Kinsta (and every three years thereafter).
- Location-specific healthcare benefits (includes vision and dental) for employees hired in the USA, UK, and Hungary.
- Pension plan for employees hired in the UK, and 401k contributions for employees hired in the USA.
Originally posted on Himalayas