DevOps - Vice President - Worldwide
24 days ago
DevOps - Vice President
About Us:Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants Paytm offers acquiring devices like Sound box, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team:We tame scale. Our definition of scale is - PBs of data, millions of requests per minute, few thousand micro services hosted on a few hundred thousand cores. Innovation is our blood. Automation is our key Mantra. We work smartly. We have designed one of the world's largest CI platforms, our own AWS cost management platform, EBS auto scale (Yes we downscale EBS without even an MS of outage), and so on. Observability: One of the best in-house designed observability systems processing a few 10s of millions of events per second and many more. Description: The DevOps tackles our organization’s toughest technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the organization's vision. The DevOps Manager is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our applications. The ideal candidate loves being the person who interfaces between the dev team, understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent application emergencies from ever happening. This person is familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions (both server and web applications), understands New Relic/DataDog in depth, and is able to set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences. You are an avid learner, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organization. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and dive deep into technical details when necessary. You care about the deployment process, continuous integration, and quality contro. You have a strong desire to automate information delivery and reporting, especially about potential issues; ‘preventative maintenance’ is your byword.We are seeking a full-time DevOps Head that:
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the deployment processes
- Evaluates technological choices by POC’s and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, devops, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
- Manages analysis and approval of new infra code through security and performance gates that you will design and develop for feature-complete software
- Security and Performance Standards Advocate
- Compliance advocate
- Manages operational aspect of production and development servers including developing, training in, and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation, scheduling, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, QA, and security) on new product/feature design and/or diagnosis of problems with production systems.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Proactive at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems.
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies.
- Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
- Strong verbal written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Strong knowledge and experience of cloud infrastructure, systems, network design and cloud migrations projects.
- Own responsibility for large scale/scope services/components that comprise our production infrastructure and systems.
- Strong understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts.
- Participate in capacity planning and provisioning of new resources.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins) is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Shell, Python, Groovy or other programming language.
- Strong prior experience using automation tools like Terraform (must), Ansible (must), Packer, SaltStack (desired).
- Working knowledge of orchestrating containerized infrastructure using docker and kubernetes.
- Strong Knowledge on monitoring tools like Datadog, New Relic, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Splunk etc.
- Architect systems, infrastructure and platforms using Linux and Cloud Services [Amazon Web Services]
- Strong knowlege of computer network and concepts like TCP, HTTPS, UDP, DNS, Firewall etc.
- Extensive knowledge in designing, deploying and supporting various cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of UNIX internals and OS concepts (processes, memory management, scheduling, signal handling, filesystems, performance metrics).
- High level of drive, initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to take internal and external stakeholders along
- Understanding of Technology and User Experience
- Love for simplifying
- Growth Mindset
- Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Why join us
- A collaborative output driven program that brings cohesiveness across businesses through technology
- Improve the average revenue per use by increasing the cross-sell opportunities
- A solid 360 feedbacks from your peer teams on your support of their goals
- Respect, that is earned, not demanded from your peers and manager
Compensation:If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you with enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
Originally posted on Himalayas