Director of Marketing Analytics - Worldwide
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Director, Marketing Analytics
The Director, Marketing Analytics reports to the VP of Marketing Ops and Analytics.
Director, Marketing Analytics Job Grade
The Director, Marketing Analytics is a grade 10.
Director, Marketing Analytics Responsibilities
- Own and architect the overall measurement framework for GitLab Marketing, including defining key marketing metrics and developing and maintaining dashboard sources of truth.
- Drive clear full funnel reporting of Marketing performance across key dimensions such as new and growth, customer segments, and geographies.
- Be a thought partner to Marketing functional stakeholders– e.g. Digital Marketing, Field Marketing, Digital Experience, Brand, Product Marketing, etc.– by managing a team that analyzes data, surfaces insights, and recommends actionable findings.
- Solve marketing data and reporting challenges to further Marketing’s understanding of levers that move the business– e.g. marketing attribution, lead scoring optimizations, and ROI and efficiency reporting across our marketing activities.
- Build a world-class Marketing Analytics team, maintaining a strategic roadmap and ensuring efficient day-to-day operations for on-time delivery. Set priorities for the Marketing Analytics team, as well as mentoring and coaching them.
- Be a trusted advisor to Marketing Leadership in driving marketing strategy, by partnering with them and their teams to ensure that data guides decision making and prioritization. Assist in defining and measuring Marketing OKR metrics.
- Author and deliver executive-level presentation materials to support CMO and Marketing Leadership in key communication forums, e.g. Key Reviews, Board decks, and E-Group level communications
- Partner with the Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, and IT teams to drive data quality and measurement instrumentation.
- Partner with the Central Data Team and other functional data teams across the company to build and maintain shared source of truth data and definitions to enable consistent and fast answers to business questions.
- Build for long-term scalability by looking for automation and self-service reporting opportunities.
Director, Marketing Analytics Requirements
- 8-10+ years of experience marketing analytics and operations, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment that has grown and scaled quickly
- BA/BS degree, MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- Track record of success in driving business decisions and outcomes by empowering decision makers with key data and insights
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Comfortable with B2B full funnel metrics and experience with digital marketing data and associated technologies (e.g. Google Analytics / GA4, Adobe Marketo Measure)
- Expertise in data visualization best practices in Tableau, experience with Looker Studio, etc.
- Demonstrated people management skills and career development of team members
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive prioritization and end-to-end ownership of execution
- Experience in building high quality and executive-level presentations (i.e. Board of Directors and C-suite audience)
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence cross-functionally across global teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; ability to balance structured methodologies and precision with speed of execution and practical decision making
- Interest in GitLab and open source software
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
- Total number of SAOs by month
- INQ to SAO conversion rate
- Marketing influenced pipeline
The next step in the Marketing Strategy job family beyond director is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with our VP of Marketing Ops and Analytics
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with one of our Marketing Analysts
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with one of our Integrated Marketing Directors.
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with our VP of Data
- Next, candidates will be invited to speak with the People Business Partner for Marketing.
- Finally, candidates will be invited to interview with the Chief Marketing Officer.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Originally posted on Himalayas