Director of Product - Worldwide
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Wether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Director of Product for the App Platforms team. This team develops foundational services and APIs that enhance the extensibility and security of Instacart. We enable rapid API development to provide the best of Instacart to many external partners, and scale plugins of new features more efficiently via a third party integration platform. App Platforms is also responsible for fraud mitigation and prevention on all sides of the marketplace, through internally developed engines and actions, and external vendor integrations. The product leader will own the strategy and vision for this org, and will manage a team of individual contributors.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The App Platforms team ladders up to Instacart’s Platform pillar. The Platform pillar’s mission is to create a reliable and efficient set of foundational services that enable accurate transactions, inclusive payments, loyalty programs, rewards and fraud prevention, through shared services and tooling.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, research, data science, and design, and closely partner with operations and business development teams.
- Drive the full product lifecycle from strategic product definition to the tactical execution, strategy, and long term vision.
- Interface directly with Instacart executives, particularly on progress vs. PL targets that will be owned by this team.
- As a PM leading major horizontal platforms, you will be expected to be a leader with vision to build a successful product organization that drives material impact.
- 7+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience working on technical products with a proven track record of tackling complex problems, and crafting scalable platform solutions
- Strong data driven problem solving skills and analytical strength, including comfort with data-heavy problems
- Passion for building platforms and enterprise-grade products that unlock value for many customers, partners and stakeholders
- Experience working on complex analytical solutions
- Experience working with enterprise products and/or commerce platforms
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond
- You thrive in ambiguity and can chart a course with limited direction
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Originally posted on Himalayas