DVM Veterinary Ambassador (Consultant Basis, Remote) - Worldwide
25 days ago
About RooHappy vets make for happy pets. Roo is on a mission to create a world of increased opportunity, professional empowerment, and improved animal care for animal hospitals and veterinarian professionals. By connecting hospitals in need with professionals with a new groundbreaking platform, our goal is to optimize hospital talent staffing and improve quality of life for veterinarians, all while giving pets a chance to have access to safe, high-quality care. Over the next decade, Roo will unlock millions in economic opportunities, improve quality of life for tens of thousands of veterinarians, and facilitate millions of hours of pet care. We've been growing tremendously since launching in early 2019 and now seeing even more traction as we scale up fast, already generating millions in revenue while just scratching the surface. We’re also proud to have Floodgate Fund as our lead investor, along with Logan Green (Lyft CEO) and Lyft's fund, AirBnB’s fund, and notable healthcare stakeholders also participating in our exciting journey
What We DoRoo (www.roo.vet) has created the first B2B labor marketplace in animal healthcare that connects veterinary professionals with hospitals through innovative technology, with opportunities to expand and offer more opportunities for both our demand supply of users. Our dynamic platform enables hospitals to fulfill personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality veterinary professionals to secure work at the click of a button. Beyond the platform, Roo represents a growing opportunity to help hospitals meet all-things staffing, and a growing community of resilient vet industry professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance, in addition to providing the best possible outcomes for clients and their pets. Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare expertise with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this industry and change the way veterinarians and hospitals work!About the RoleWe are looking for passionate and driven veterinarians to help Roo grow across a designated territory and beyond. This is a unique opportunity to be able to still passionately work as a DVM while also helping our company transform the animal healthcare industry by improving work/life balance for veterinary professionals. You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing start-up and learn about innovative technology and marketplaces!We want to build a strong community based in the heart of the veterinary profession. If you love to take things from concept and ideation to application and execution, then this is the job for you! This is an independent contractor position (1099), with an emphasis on territory development and customer support.DVM Veterinary Ambassadors will be compensated on a monthly basis based on the below Scope of Work.
Scope of Work
- Lead the charge for Roo veterinary relief work: Pick up relief DVM shifts through the Roo platform to support our local clients and provide valuable “boots on the ground” feedback. Special preference given to new hospitals on the platform who do not have reviews yet. Bonus based on self directed shift targets quarterly. Ideally 36 shifts a quarter, minimum 18 shifts a quarter.
- Highlight the benefits of Roo to veterinarians and technicians: We believe relief is the best way to pursue a career centered around work life balance and freedom. Help us spread the word of how great life is through Roo. Be a shining example! We will provide a Roo stipend to bring donuts, swag, and other small gifts for hospital staff.
- Being a relief vet is more than just being a body. We want our Roo ambassadors to elevate the morale of their host hospital and leave a lasting positive impression with each shift they take.
- Support field marketing efforts by representing Roo at industry conferences and events (such as VMA, VBMA, etc) on an as needed basis, which may involve local travel. Minimum of 10 hours per month, maximum 30 hours per month.
- Help to enhance current vet processes and build out our vet community initiatives Participate in product, technology, and operations meetings/sessions as needed, providing key DVM feedback and insights to help the team make the best decisions for our users.
- Contribute to improving the vet user acquisition, onboarding, engagement, and relief day experiences with Roo, providing feedback on what changes or enhancements are needed with our platform and processes
- Facilitate the design and implementation of recurrent community initiatives that enhance the Roo brand and marketplace
- Superstar vet with a positive reputation
- Positive, can-do attitude!
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Roo’s veterinarian professionals hospitals
Diversity, Equity, InclusionDiversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Roo. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Originally posted on Himalayas