Editor and Producer, Axios Events - Worldwide
The big picture: Axios is dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format.We're hiring an Editor/Producer to provide editorial leadership for our robust and growing event portfolio.
Why it Matters: Axios has built a newsroom of talented award-winning journalists committed to providing our readers the most trustworthy information in the most efficient way possible. Reporting to the Managing Editor of Events, the Editor/Producer will play a critical role in ensuring alignment and collaboration between our newsroom and events teams as Axios continues our incredible growth trajectory.
Go Deeper: The Editor/Producer, Axios Events will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as editorial lead developing event concepts and planning a range of Axios events, from virtual events to live, in-person summits.
- Oversee Axios’s premier Expert Voices series of high-level, highly curated roundtable discussions with Axios reporters and leaders in government and business.
- Assign, coordinate and edit coverage of our events published to Axios.com from Editorial Events staff.
- Coordinate and support newsroom’s social media promotion and coverage of Axios events.
- Ensure that our events portfolio reflect our editorial standards, reflect diverse points of view, and help Axios stay at the forefront of news
- Identify growth opportunities for our events content, in partnership with the Axios podcast and social media teams
- Support and coordinate editorial moderator bookings for events and identifying leads for external guests in coordination with our booking team as needed
- Oversee associate producers/writers on the Editorial events team
- The Editor/Producer will also be a leader and mentor for the reporters and editors on the team.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- A commitment to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment
- Demonstrated experience booking and managing live events
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Editing experience in a fast-paced news environment
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing big ideas and seeing them through
- Experience working across teams to produce quality content
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and social media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discounts
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Starting salary for this role is in the range of $110,000 - $125,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Originally posted on Himalayas