Engineering Manager - Worldwide
At Leidos we bring together science, engineering and technology to deliver smart solutions to our customers’ most complex challenges. Great ideas are our currency and every person here is encouraged and enabled to be curious, open-minded and confident in bringing theirs to the table - to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have.
The JP2096 Tranche 2 will deliver a complex software solution operated by Defence in fixed and deployed environments. We are seeking a skilled Engineering Manager to manage a team of systems, software and support engineers to design, to build and deliver a search and discovery platform within the Defence ISR domain.
As an Engineering Manager you will report into the Project Manager for the JP2096 Tranche 2. Helping with high-quality solutions, you will lead teams that will deliver first-rate engineering services to Defence. Your leadership and governance of the project engineering team will require planning and leading the technical design, establishing and maintaining baselines and leading formal and informal engineering reviews.
- Manage the systematic conversion of customer requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, enterprise, schedule, and cost constraints;
- Manage agile software development, integration, test deployment and logistics support;
- Monitor team performance against plan and use your experience working in Defence environments to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and in the customer organisation;
- Work with the project manager and team leads to manage risk and ensure successful project delivery.
Your personal and professional attributes will include strong leadership and organisational skills
Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and to influence key stakeholders.
Your career will demonstrate that you consistently produce excellent results in complex environments and that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As an engineering leader you will have a Bachelor degree or higher in engineering or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training. You will preferably have CPEng accreditation or equivalent.
Coupled with your education you will have:
- Over 10 years professional experience working in a senior role with engineering responsibility for large scale, complex, software-centric programs
- Experience working within Defence Technical Regulation frameworks
- Experience working in a System Integrator organisation
- Experience of systems and software engineering, enterprise architecture and interface protocols
- Proven ability to resolve complex technical problems with strong conceptual and analytical skills.
This full time permanent position is located in Melbourne CBD and will require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and hold a current Defence NV-1.
At Leidos, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating a truly inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, veterans, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities and age groups. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility. We look forward to welcoming you.
Originally posted on Himalayas