Engineering Manager, Growth Infrastructure - Worldwide
Mixpanel is event analytics platform for builders who need answers from their data at their fingertips—no SQL required. When everyone in the organization can see and learn from the impact of their work on product, marketing, and company revenue metrics, they are poised to make better decisions.
Over 8,000 customers, including companies like Netflix, Pinterest, Sweetgreen, Samsara, and Uber, use Mixpanel to understand their customers and measure progress. Our commitment is to provide the most comprehensive and reliable analytics platform accessible and trusted by all.
About The Team
At Mixpanel, we pride ourselves in giving our customers delightful experiences through every interaction they have with us — across product, marketing, sales, customer success, and support! We have over 7000 paying customers and over 20000 free customers using Mixpanel and onboarding hundreds more on any given month; this team’s charter is to build a scalable and observable data platform that can not only power these delightful experiences for our customers but also serve as a foundation for our growth engine that let’s us run experiments across our GTM stack.
We are a team of engineers with a wide range of experience having worked on almost all layers of Mixpanel’s tech stack: from our website’s UX, all the way to the internals of our distributed database engine, with everything in between. As much as we enjoy solving complex distributed systems problems, we also love applying our engineering skills to solve problems that have a direct business impact building the infrastructure that:
- Enables our sales team to leverage product signals during the sales process
- Enables our marketing teams to hyper-target customers with relevant campaigns to help them in their product analytics journey
- Enables our customer success teams to engage with our customers at the right moment to increase adoption and prevent churn
- Enables our executive team to gain visibility into our business and have a platform for quickly experimenting with company-level strategy
About The Role
As a staff TLM, you will help scale the team’s impact by working alongside a PM to set a vision for the team, build a roadmap, guide the team with your technical expertise via architectural reviews, code reviews and being an effective mentor for the senior engineers on the team. You’ll also be responsible for streamlining execution and prioritization based on a clear understanding of our technical systems and associated business goals.
Here are some recent projects that the team worked on:
- We worked with our analytics team to detect free customers who have reached value moments within the product and adding them to our sales pipeline
- Building a data orchestration system that connects the different tools that make up our GTM stack into a more cohesive and transparent system.
- We are planning to revamp our billing financial systems with the following goals:
- Enable experimentation with our pricing model
- Drive operational efficiency across our sales finance orgs through optimizing, eliminating and automating critical workflows that needs to scale as we grow our customer base.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- You can reason about ambiguous problems using first principles and propose creative solutions.
- You take ownership of problems with a focus on delivering value to users/customers.
- You deliver solutions that are pragmatic in approach.
- You have a solid technical background, with experience managing data pipelines building cloud native systems
- You are proficient in writing/reading SQL.
- You have excellent communication have experience leading and delivering complex cross-functional projects.
- You have a track record of hiring, retaining, mentoring growing engineers through technical leadership, collaboration enablement. You make engineers around you more productive.
Bonus Points For
- Prior engineering management experience, especially experience dealing with many cross functional stakeholders with competing priorities
- Experience working with CRM, marketing financial systems
The total target cash compensation (TTCC) for this full-time position is $279,000-$341,000 across the United States. This amount includes base compensation and variable compensation in the form of either a company bonus or commissions. Variable compensation type is determined by your role and level. In addition to the cash compensation provided, this position is also eligible for equity consideration and other benefits including medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage. You can view our benefits offerings here.
Our salary ranges are determined by role and level and are benchmarked to the SF Bay Area Technology data cut released by Radford, a global compensation database. The range displayed represents the minimum and maximum TTCC for new hire salaries for the position across all of our US locations. To stay on top of market conditions, we refresh our salary ranges twice a year so these ranges may change in the future. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, job-related skills, qualifications, and other factors. If you have questions about the specific range, your recruiter can share this information.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re a leader in analytics with over 8,000 customers and $277M raised from prominent investors: like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and, most recently, Bain Capital. Mixpanel’s pioneering event-based data analytics platform offers a powerful yet simple solution for companies to understand user behaviors and easily track overarching company success metrics. Our accomplished teams continuously facilitate our expansion by tackling the ever-evolving challenges tied to scaling, reliability, design, and service. Choosing to work at Mixpanel means you’ll be helping the world’s most innovative companies learn from their data so they can make better decisions.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter—our people, our customers, our partners—out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Originally posted on Himalayas