Engineering Manager, Marketing Tools - Worldwide
Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $6 billion in sales from nearly 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Engineering Manager, Marketing Tools
On the Marketing Tools team, we work on all things audience building, email, and CRM. We are critical to our customer’s business success. (If they don’t have an audience, who’s going to buy their products?)
We are a highly collaborative, engaged and customer-focused team here at Kajabi. We’re looking for an experienced engineering manager to join our growing team and help us create improve the tools that our customers use to build their businesses.
The things you and your team will be working on are at the core of the Kajabi platform. They will be heavily used, marketed, and buzzed about amongst the company and our enthusiastic customer base. Our customers send millions of emails, capture leads and create marketing content daily. It’s core to their business.
The ideal candidate is a leader with experience building and managing a high-performing remote team. As a part of our cross-functional leadership team, you’ll be working alongside a Product Manager. This team owns specific products services (email delivery, funnels, CRM, Creator Studio, etc.) while also collaborating with other teams to ensure cohesion across our entire application.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Work with a Product Manager and designer to manage the roadmap for your team according to our product principles - think big, start small, ship to learn, and give our customers superpowers.
- Lead a team of 7-10 engineers to ensure engineering excellence and timely delivery of new existing products.
- Able to collaboratively build requirements for projects and break large projects down into sprints/cycles. Ability to juggle multiple tracks of work at the same time.
- Plan, strategize, execute, and deliver against the product roadmap.
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to achieve high-level product outcomes.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback, and mentorship to the engineers on your team.
- Participate in customer feedback interviews led by the Product Manager to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product.
- Hold regular one-on-ones with all direct reports.
- Provide regular feedback on career growth, progression towards goals, areas for improvement, and praise as warranted.
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals.
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
- Share hiring responsibilities with other leaders across the organization.
- Help to document and refine the engineering processes we use to get things done.
Attributes for Success
- You have experience feel confident in managing a 100% fully remote team.
- You are an excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- You have experience managing, mentoring, and teaching other engineers.
- You have experience providing technical leadership in small teams.
- You feel confident architecting solutions on your own, but take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea.
- You’re adaptable to change, flexible in solutions, and able to rally a team behind you.
- You’ve helped build guide Operational Excellence observability of the systems your team builds owns.
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a SaaS environment.
- You are a believer in automated testing, TDD, BDD, CI, and CD.
- You are comfortable working with git and GitHub.
- You have experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Ruby, Java, C#, Python, Golang, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Able to travel 2-4 times a year for company team offsites, conferences and customer events.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with DevOps: Deployment and operation on platforms like AWS.
- Experience with email delivery systems.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Unlimited PTO
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Company-funded Headspace Audible account
- Funded HSA account
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
The salary range for this US-based role is $155,588.00-$207,450.00+ bonus + equity + benefits (health, welfare, retirement, and paid leave). Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, education, certain degrees, training, certifications, geographic location, travel requirements, and business needs.
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Originally posted on Himalayas