Enterprise Customer Success Manager - Worldwide
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for an experienced and customer-focused enterprise customer success manager to join our team and make a big impact.
As an enterprise customer success manager, you will be focused on ensuring that the enterprise segment of Muck Rack customers grows and renews. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced environment with our largest customers, including companies like: Verizon, Lehigh University, International Rescue Committee, Life Time Fitness and many more. You’ll be a great fit for this role if helping customers use Muck Rack to achieve their goals comes naturally to you.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary contact for enterprise and midsize brands or agencies to retain and grow a book of business ranging from $1.7 - $2.0 million in customer contract value
- Deliver 5+ calls with customers per day to provide product expertise, share industry best practices and strategic recommendations, and lead account walkthroughs to highlight usage wins and opportunities
- Oversee the customer lifecycle from initial sale to renewal to ensure the customer is deriving value at every stage
- Manage customer feedback and deliver insights to internal stakeholders that will influence our product roadmap
- Prepare, review and execute contractual paperwork
- Mentor junior CSMs to gain leadership skills
- Experience with and ability to source new contacts as our original decision makers change within a company (salesnav, discover.org)
- Negotiate agreements to ensure long-lasting and growing relationships with our customers
- Immerse yourself in the public relations industry and build a strong network of communications professionals
How success will be measured in this role:
- Customer Health (SuccessScores)
- Quarterly Net and Gross revenue goals
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 2-3 years experience working in SaaS account management or in a blended CSM role, with experience in upsells and renewals at the enterprise level
- Experience in PR or journalism or an understanding of these industries strongly preferred
- Experience managing customers in a CRM or similar software
- Comfortable leading meetings and presenting to large groups, potentially including C-Suite executives
- Natural relationship builder who is personable, patient and dependable - you enjoy working with customers, and they enjoy working with you
- Proactive in helping customers with long term planning - you derive satisfaction from ensuring customer needs are met
- Passionate about professional development and helping internal team members grow and progress in their careers
- Familiar with the tools we use, including Dropbox, HelloSign, Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), and Slack, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Skills assessment (2 hours max)
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $85,000 and $90,000 with on target earnings of $110,000+. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for employees and their families. We offer a high-deductible health plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals, as well as a range of other plan options. Our team also has access to 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, employer-funded HSA contributions, and other pre-tax benefits. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to LD platforms including Coursera O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.If you're excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn't align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don't let it stop you from applying. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.
Originally posted on Himalayas