Game Engineer - Casino - Worldwide
Boom Entertainment is a technology company that is fueling the biggest winners in sports betting and online gaming. Working with professional sports leagues, media companies, and leading casino operators, Boom provides technology and games to many of the biggest names in the industry -- NBC Sports, Barstool Sports, Penn National Gaming, 8AM Golf, YES Network, Rush Street Interactive, DraftKings, Golden Nugget, and many more.
As a company, we are looking for driven dreamers who want to make an impact on this industry and the world. We want people of integrity who are open to learning and willing to challenge the norm. We want people who are curious, reliable, empathetic, and obsessed with quality.
Boom has two main verticals, Sports Products and Casino Games.
Our Sports Products include world-class free-to-play games and technology for our partners that have entertained more than 4 million sports fans. Also included is Boom Fantasy, our very own Daily Fantasy Sports application bringing a quick and easy way for sports fans from any skill-level to join in the fun of DFS. With millions of dollars in winnings so far, Boom Fantasy is a rapidly growing success.
Our Casino team is hard at work building a suite of eye-catching casino games for distribution to casino operators in the legal U.S. and international iGaming markets. This team is reimagining what’s possible in gaming by focusing on innovative products powered by cutting-edge technology.
If you want to join our team as a Game Engineer and build (legal) sports gaming and casino products for the next generation, please apply!
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and the leadership team to make technical decisions that solve real problems in a way that enhances our core capabilities
- Implement new game formats and social features by working across the presentation, server, event, and storage layers of our stack as necessary
- Optimize for performance and quality of end-user experience in the context of local execution, networked resources, and fully scaled operations
- Participate in roadmapping, daily stand ups, and ongoing discussions about best practices and the design patterns that are most appropriate for our use cases
- Develop an appreciation for the gaming vertical and participate in the design, testing, and evaluation of new products and features
- 2+ years of professional Game Development within the Casino industry
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional work ethic and the ability to deliver well-vetted work on an ongoing basis
- Excellent collaborative skills, including written and verbal communication
- Experience with networking and client-server communication (REST, websockets, server-sent events)
- Experience with ThreeJS, Typescript, WebGL, GLSL Shaders
- Professional experience as a game developer or engineer on a B2C Product
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with solid academic performance.
Our target compensation for this position is between $90,000 and $115,000, depending on experience. Should your compensation expectations fall above this range, we highly encourage you still apply as we're growing, and we can further evaluate the level of this position. Compensation is just the beginning, and below you will find more reasons Why you should work here.
Why you should work here
- Positions are fully remote
- Uncapped PTO (please use them!)
- Flexible working hours
- All-expenses-paid company-wide retreat every two years
- Quarterly contests and giveaways featuring prizes and swag boxes
- A $300 home office reimbursement
- Parental support (paid leave, childcare, and adoption benefits)
- Health, Dental, Vision+
- 401K Match FSA
- A great culture that includes support for learning and development
What Boom promises you
We have a culture that values trust vs. micromanaging. Each role has a high level of autonomy. We have an inclusive environment where you don’t have to change who you are. We encourage you to take time off without guilt.
Lastly, we proudly offer an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth to all employees.
Originally posted on Himalayas