General Interest Application - Worldwide
At Whimsical, we're always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. If the right role isn’t available at the moment, but you have used our product and resonate strongly with our product philosophy, feel free to apply!
If you would like to work with us, write us a cover letter telling us more about you, why you would like to work at Whimsical, and what you would like to do here. Please share this along with your resume.
We're looking forward to hearing more about you, and if we share your excitement, you will hear from us soon.
You’ll be a great fit if you, like us, believe in:
- Sustainability: We don't believe in growth at all costs. Growth is a fundamental part of a healthy existence but we want it to be in balance with sustainability and bounded by ethical behavior. We strive to work calm, 40-hour work weeks.
- Craftsmanship: We care deeply about our work. We are specialists, eager learners, and persistent in our pursuit of quality work. We're patient and committed because building great things takes time.
- Long-term focus: We're building Whimsical for the long haul, not a quick exit. We avoid shortcuts and consider every key decision from a 10+ year perspective.
- Partnership Mindset: We’ve built the company around the idea that everybody who joins us should feel like they are partners in the business. Time is precious and we want Whimsical to be the place where people invest their time rather than sell it. Our equity offers are 100% transparent and above market average. We also pay everyone at the same level the same salary, no matter where they live
How we work
Our primary mode of operation is asynchronous. We use real-time communication with great care, and only where it makes sense. We use Whimsical, email, Slack, and Zoom for our day-to-day communication.
But we also believe in spending quality time together, which is why we try to bring everyone from around the world together at least twice a year for what we call Whimsical Summits. At Summits we focus on getting to know each other better and building bonds that help us communicate better when we're apart.
What's in it for you?
- Salary: We provide a competitive base salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- Vacation: 6 weeks of paid time off each year
- Parental Leave: 16 weeks paid by the company
- Equipment: We provide all the tech you need to work successfully
- Summits: We try to bring everyone together at least twice a year in person (previously we've met in Miami, Barcelona, and LA)
- Pension [USA]: 401k with 6% company matching
- Health Insurance [USA]: Paid by company for you and your dependents
- Vacation: 30 days paid vacation per year.
- Flexible Working Space: Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
We are a remote-first organization, but to ensure our team members maintain effective working relationships, we are looking for new team members based in:
- 🇺🇸🇨🇦 US/Canada
- 🇪🇺European Union
- 🇬🇧United Kingdom
- 🇳🇿New Zealand
Whimsical was founded in 2017 by Kaspars Dancis and Steve Schoeffel to help teams be more effective in the distributed and fully digital work environment.
Whimsical's product is expressive, fast, and delightful. We believe that software should spark joy, not dread.
We are a remote-first company and big proponents of remote work because it democratizes the opportunities for people everywhere.
Originally posted on Himalayas