Go/MongoDB - Senior Software Engineer - Worldwide
29 days ago
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient Go Senior Software Engineer to join its Open Source Software Development team. You will work on Percona Backup for MongoDB and related components, doing both new feature development and bug fixing in close collaboration with the different groups and stakeholders within the company. Percona Backup for MongoDB (PBM) is an open source and distributed solution for consistent backups and restore of MongoDB sharded clusters and replica sets. There is no notable performance nor operating degradation associated with PBM.With Percona Backup for MongoDB, you can make backups on a running server and restore your database to a specific point in time. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a fast moving and high quality development environment for Percona and its customers. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required. Flexible work hours.
What You Will Do:
- Become an authority in the code base of PBM
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to PBM and related components
- Create and submit patches for review, perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Diagnose and fix defects in PBM and related components
- Create documentation about your work that is consumable and can be refined by our documentation team
- Share your knowledge by attending and speaking at related conferences and writing blog posts about your work, participating in our public forums
What Have You Done
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on Go development experience and related tools / build processes. Relevant experience in C/C++/Java will do. Although the main language for this project is Go, we are mainly looking for strong programming experience
- Distributed system development and/or database server development
- Fluent in developer tools like git and github
- Working autonomously in a globally distributed organization
- Collaborating with open source communities and colleagues via mailing lists, IRC, Slack, etc.
- Using collaboration/tracking tools like Jira/Notion
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
- Quick learner great team player
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Hands-on knowledge of MongoDB or other database internals
- Being an active member of an open source developer community
- Having a track record of contributing to a database project or other open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
- Enjoy the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world!
- With top talent sourced globally, you will enjoy an international and culturally diverse team
- Flexibility in your working hours means you can prioritize your personal life, pursue hobbies, volunteer, and stay active Our internal programs include groups like:
- The Percona Adventure Team: This team embarks on unforgettable journeys to breathtaking locations around the world for activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, white water rafting and more.
- Women Transforming Technology is a grassroots program committed to building a supportive community of women in technology. Their goals are to connect, empower and inspire women in all areas and levels of the organization.
- Flow days: Fridays at Percona are for focusing on finding your workflow. Meetings and distractions are limited on Fridays so you can focus on getting things done.
- FryDays: With Percona being so globally dispersed there are not many holidays that overlap for everyone. FryDays are four Fridays each year where everyone at Percona can unplug and enjoy the same 3-day weekend. Gain all of this and more by becoming a part of our organization!
Originally posted on Himalayas