Growth Lead - Worldwide
25 days ago
The Browser Company
Hi, we're The Browser Company 👋 and we're building a better way to use the internet.Browsers are unique in that they are one of the only pieces of software that you share with your parents as well as your kids. Which makes sense, they're our doorway to the most important things — through them we socialize with loved ones, work on our passion projects, and explore our curiosities. But on their own, they don’t actually do a whole lot, they’re kind of just there. They don’t help us organize our messy lives or make it easier to compose our ideas. We believe that the browser could do so much more — it can empower and support the amazing things we do on the internet. That’s why we’re building one: a browser that can help us grow, create, and stay curious.To accomplish this lofty task, we’re building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds and experiences. This isn’t optional, it’s crucial to our mission, as we need a wide range of perspectives to challenge our assumptions and shape our browser through a bold, creative lens.With that in mind, we especially encourage women, people of color, and others from historically marginalized groups to apply.
About the Storytelling TeamThe Storytelling Team at The Browser Company focuses on growth. Growth of Arc’s member base, of our brand, of our voice in the industry. Equal parts art and science, this team is responsible for dreaming up fresh and unconventional ways of introducing Arc to millions of people around the world. We believe that one day The Browser Company will be mentioned in the same sentence as companies like Nike, Apple, Disney. The Storytelling Team’s mission is to get us there.
About The RoleAs the first Growth Lead at The Browser Company, you’ll have the opportunity to dream up and productize new avenues for growth for Arc — working cross functionally to take our active, passionate, global membership base to the next level. This role is a canvas, a chance to build this function from the ground up, alongside our Data, Engineering and Brand teams. It will involve keeping a pulse on what’s new in our industry and experimenting with creative routes to acquisition. What Canva did with SEO, Dropbox did with referrals, Notion did with community — this role will help shape a new playbook for growth that we believe others will look back on in the future.
Overall You Will...
- Dream up a growth engine from 0 to 1. Turn our organic, word-of-mouth growth into a repeatable, predictable engine that will help scale Arc’s membership by orders of magnitude in this next phase of the company.
- Develop our acquisition channels. Collaborate closely with our Data team to identify, develop and test hypotheses to scale our growth efforts — optimizing our channels, from website, to email campaigns, social, SEO and overall online experience.
- Pair data with intuition. The most interesting opportunities are rarely the most obvious — in this role you’ll lean into your intuition to identify interesting trends, inside and outside of our member base, and pair them with data to turn them into growth experiments.
- Build an awareness machine within our Storytelling team. We hope to build an industry-defining brand at The Browser Company. This role will help scale the reach of our creative experiments to millions of future members — in bold, distinctive (and fun!) ways.
You're Excited About...
- Thinking strategically, and acting tactically. This role will be the first of its kind at The Browser Company, building out our approach to Growth from the ground up while also owning experiments and projects in their earliest stages.
- Finding joy in the execution. As a core part of our Storytelling team, you enjoy executing projects end-to-end, from creating dashboards to collaborating with web devs.
- Being highly autonomous. You love to dream up big projects and see them through, with exquisite attention to the details along the way.
- Collaborating cross-functionally. Bridging growth efforts across a couple of teams, you’re excited to partner closely with our Data, Engineering and Design teams as we discover and optimize growth opportunities inside and outside of the product.
Compensation and BenefitsWith our flexible compensation model, employees have the ability to design their compensation according to their needs. People join startups for different reasons and we want to be accommodating and flexible to everyone’s lives. Every candidate approved for an offer receives two options:✉️ The first offer is a lower salary with a higher equity package✉️ The second is a higher salary with a lower equity package.Candidates can choose either option or anywhere in between the two on a sliding scale. The annual salary range for this role is $142,000-$235,000 USD, and the actual salary range offered will vary based on experience level and interview performance. In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, we provide every employee with:- comprehensive benefits package, with employee medical, dental, and vision premiums covered at 100%- 401k plan- flexible vacation policy, with a recommended minimum of 20 days off (no maximum!)- 12 weeks of paid parental leave- $1,500 USD home office stipend- Employees based in the US also receive free annual memberships to One Medical, Talkspace, Teladoc, and HealthAdvocate The Browser Company is a well funded, ambitious startup of about 60 people (and growing!) who are passionate about building great products. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with the option to work in office in New York. We strongly support diversity and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Originally posted on Himalayas