Head of Marketing - Worldwide
26 days ago
About RooHappy vets make for happy pets. Roo is on a mission to create a world of increased opportunity, professional empowerment, and improved animal care for animal hospitals and veterinarian professionals. By connecting hospitals in need with professionals with a new groundbreaking platform, our goal is to optimize hospital talent staffing and improve quality of life for veterinarians, all while giving pets a chance to have access to safe, high-quality care. Over the next decade, Roo will unlock millions in economic opportunities, improve quality of life for tens of thousands of veterinarians, and facilitate millions of hours of pet care. We've been growing tremendously since launching in early 2019 and now seeing even more traction as we scale up fast.
What We DoRoo (www.roo.vet) has created the first B2B labor marketplace in animal healthcare that connects veterinary professionals with hospitals through innovative technology, with opportunities to expand and offer more opportunities for both our demand supply of users. Our dynamic platform enables hospitals to fulfill personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality veterinary professionals to secure work at the click of a button. Beyond the platform, Roo represents a growing opportunity to help hospitals meet all-things staffing, and a growing community of resilient vet industry professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance, in addition to providing the best possible outcomes for clients and their pets. Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare expertise with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this industry and change the way veterinarians and hospitals work!
About the RoleRoo is looking for a visionary Head of Marketing to join our team and spearhead user acquisition growth, retention, and external communication strategies. You will have the opportunity to elevate our brand and make a lasting impact on our mission of transforming animal healthcare during an exciting stage in Roo’s growth trajectory. The right candidate will have the combination of passion and experience to drive captivating content that resonates with our audience and a metrics-driven approach to leadership.The Head of Marketing will lead a strong 5 person team and report directly into the CEO. While the role will operate on a primarily remote basis, you will be required to occasionally be on-site in our San Francisco coworking space for meetings and team events.
- Assist SVP Marketplace in driving overall marketing strategy and creating strategic initiatives.
- Closely partner with product/engineering teams to identify new enhancements or requirements needed to bolster marketing’s overall effectiveness and ability to measure key initiatives and to determine product marketing strategy and deployment.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Demand Generation
- Thoughtfully plan and oversee Roo’s demand generation activities across veterinarians and technicians (supply) and hospitals (demand) to drive user acquisition.
- Optimize current marketing channels campaigns while improving existing channel/campaign work for scalable mass user growth for our national expansion.
- Lead team in tracking marketing channels and campaigns, report out growth success, and proactively identify new/enhanced channel opportunities.
- Further optimize current CRM tools to ensure teams are fully capitalizing on and properly tracking user acquisition activities.
- Provide monthly demand gen updates on achievements/ROAS matched against targets to the team, ultimately driving up more approved user sign ups and supplying Business Development team members with more new users.
- Develop and refine lifecycle campaigns with goal of increasing LTV of users
- Lead multi-channel tactics to promote engagement, retention and loyalty across email marketing, mobile communication, and on-channel messaging advertising.
- Public Relations
- Manage PR firm or publicist to execute against an external communications strategy.
- Own strategy ensuring Roo acts as a thought leader in the animal healthcare space.
- Progressive strategic experience working in marketing leadership or demand generation roles
- Experience with B2B user acquisition, preferably in animal healthcare or digital marketplaces
- Proven track record of user and customer growth and initial engagement/retention
- Strategic mindset combined with ability to execute effectively
- 5+ years of people management, with experience motivating and leading a nimble team, developing individual goal sets and managing performance and career growth.
- Analytically driven, with proven ability gathering insights across different channels
- Demonstrated ability planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- Impeccable communication skills and ability to relate to our veterinary hospital users with an empathy based mindset. Demonstrated ability managing and reporting out topline/executive updates while “rolling the sleeves” working on day-to-day activities
- Flexibility and agility — this is an early stage startup environment; the ability to create processes from scratch is a must, along with grit and resilience in navigating ambiguity and a fast pace.
- Bonus points if you have: Marketplace Experience, Early to Mid-Stage High-Growth Startup Experience, Knowledge of Hubspot, Preset (or similar data visualization tools), and Google Analytics, or Proficiency in Google Suite Notion
Originally posted on Himalayas