Intermediate Data Engineer - Worldwide
11 days ago
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!We're hiring an Intermediate Data Engineer to build the foundation of BioRender’s data infrastructure and systems by architecting our data flows, warehouse, processes, and schemas. Ultimately, creating a world-class data platform that scales with our company, accelerates data accessibility for our internal teams and can be used to drive business growth.
Our ideal fit
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, data-focused, and good at picking up on data inconsistencies.
- Growth mindset, excited to learn new libraries / technologies but extremely practical and deliberate about adopting them for production. Extremely thoughtful about tradeoffs between different tools and whether they are solving the right problems for the team and for our users.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on delivering results.
- Inquisitive, thorough, and pragmatic
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex solutions/problems clearly and succinctly to the team and internal stakeholders
- Enjoys working cross-functionally and helping teammates work more effectively
In your first 3 months:
- Identify key areas of improvement in our data infrastructure and help create a plan to execute on the highest impact improvements that will drive most value for the business
- Meeting with internal teams to understand their biggest challenges and pain points with our current data infrastructure and tools
In your first 6 months:
- Create a reliable and extendable pipeline between our production database and data warehouse to pull in key data tables
- Add alerting and monitoring at all potential points of failure in our data infrastructure
- Create efficient data pipelines to ingest and move data across different environments and services
In your first year:
- Setup data infrastructure that a team of data scientists and analysts can leverage to create deep analyses and insights
- Create data products and processes to enable self-service analytics, predictive analytics, content recommendation and personalization in our core product
What you bring to the table
- 3+ of data engineering experience of relevant industry experience
- Proficiency working with a Data Warehouse platform (AWS RedShift or Snowflake preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to (creatively) solve complex architectural problems, think about tradeoffs and systems design.
- Effective communication skills and ability to translate deeply technical designs into business appropriate representations as well as analyze business needs and requirements ensuring implementation of data services directly correlates to the strategy and growth of the business
- Experience with SQL and programming languages commonly used in data platforms (Python, Spark, etc)
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration (e.g., Airflow) and data pipeline integrations (e.g. Airbyte, Stitch) is preferable.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
Originally posted on Himalayas