Internal Audit Manager - Worldwide
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
As we establish an internal audit function, you will support our Senior Director of Internal Audit in the planning and execution of our internal audit services, with a focus on SOX compliance, adhering to control standards required for a public company. In this role, you will collaborate with internal and co-sourced audit personnel and partner closely with the external audit team to provide objective assurance and advisory services that mitigate risk and improve controls and compliance across our Company. Additionally, you will provide guidance and support the business with respect to important business initiatives, as well as participate in designing the future-state audit program to include SOX, operational, and compliance audits.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and execute audit projects, assessments, and investigations
- Support the execution of the Company’s global SOX program including risk assessment and scoping, fraud risk assessment, segregation of duties analysis, SOC1 reviews, control walkthroughs, testing, remediation, and reporting to key stakeholders across the company
- Coordinate with external auditors to align efforts (including control testing reliance) and ensure alignment on conclusions
- Support process and control owners with the development of key internal controls and identify changes in existing and/or new activities which require controls
- Identify gaps in the internal controls design that could lead to financial reporting risk and support remediation efforts
- Train employees on Company policies, programs and internal control requirements
- Be a great business partner - establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team, co-sourcing partner, external auditors, and with leaders across the business
- Support the Sr Director of Internal Audit with the preparation of periodic update reports to the Audit Committee, senior management and other stakeholders communicating known controls issues deficiencies and discussing strategies for enhancing the control environment
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Active CPA, CIA or related designation
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a professional audit/SOX capacity, preferably with a mix of Big 4 public accounting firm and public company experience
- Previous experience executing a company’s SOX program and designing and implementing a system of internal controls
- Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework (specifically COSO 2013) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to present and explain complex information and suggest process improvements to diverse audiences
- Strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize various work streams simultaneously
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers, senior leadership and all levels of the organization, with a positive and professional image
- Ability to independently identify and explore potential solutions prior to escalating problems
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $115,000-$160,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
Originally posted on Himalayas