IT Category Manager - Procurement - Worldwide
Work smart, have fun and make an impact!
Our purpose is to guide all companies toward a sustainable world. EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis?
Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
Learn more about our team and culture on EcoVadis careers page
If you have questions about the company or open roles you can Chat with an insider
As an IT Category Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of software solutions. You will liaison with different stakeholders to understand and define business needs for acquiring new solutions and maintaining existing ones. Your responsibility will be to develop and execute subsegment category strategies, manage suppliers’ relationships, and optimize procurement process to achieve proper adoption rate, overlap reduction and cost efficiency.
- Category strategies development (for main tools segments);
- Close collaboration with business (internal stakeholders) to understand and refine current as well as future business needs;
- Close collaboration with Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure Team and finance to orchestrate actions;
- Continuously analyzing overall IT costs -vs- budgets;
- Understanding the costs of IT Services (both at a consumption-unit and a consolidated level) to help determine their business value;
- In depth understanding on multiple subscriptions models (flat fee, pay as You Go, user fix, etc);
- Create the visibility of the cost per user and per department, to help benchmark and identify areas of improvement;
- Identify areas of improvement by indicating overlaps, adoption inefficiency;
- Define and execute corrective action plans;
- Manage cross-functional / cross-organizational projects;
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers that meet business needs and strategy requirements;
- Negotiate costs and terms with suppliers;
- Drive cost savings initiatives;
- Implement best practices and efficient workflows to enhance productivity;
- Develop and implement risk mitigation and contingency plans;
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for the category;
- Generate regular reports and provide insights on category performance;
- Monitor market, product and price developments and communicate this internally with relevant stakeholders to support growth and profitability;
- Ensure that procurement practices within the category adhere to organizations' compliance and sustainability standards.
- A minimum of 5 years experience within a similar role in the engineering sector preferably;
- Proven experience in IT category management;
- Knowledge of market trends and best practices;
- Highly organized with excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written;
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills;
- Agile and ability to work in an international, fast-changing environment.
Location: Warsaw / Remote in Poland
Start date: ASAP
Contract: B2B or CoE
Everyone at EcoVadis contributes to a culture of trust, respect and empowerment. Our growing team in Poland is full of talented professionals from various sectors who all share a desire to make an impact. We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one with extensive onboarding, mentoring and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules so you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones.
- Support with all the necessary office and IT equipment
- Optional (fully covered or co-financed) health care and life insurance
- Multisport card and wellness allowance
- Multicafeteria Lunch card
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid/ full remote work
- Remote work from abroad policy
- Internet and Electricity bill allowance
- CSR activities
- Modern, pet-friendly office in the city center (next to Rondo ONZ)
- Community service day when volunteering
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV, in English, with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions, and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, including the provision of interview questions, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity, inclusion and reducing bias in our hiring processes. EcoVadis does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique. In your application, we encourage you to remove personal information such as: photographs, marital status, number of children, religion, gender, residential postal code, university graduation date, past medical or parental leave(s) taken, nationality (instead, please state if you are legally eligible to work in the job region/country), university name (instead, please state any degrees obtained and the study major).
Originally posted on Himalayas