Java Front End Developer (Cloud Native) - Worldwide
9 days ago
Rackspace Technology is a leading provider of expertise and managed services across all the major public and private cloud technologies. We’ve evolved Fanatical Support to encompass the entire customer journey — providing Fanatical Experience™ from first consultation to daily operations. Our passionate experts combine the power of proactive, always-on service and expertise with best-in-class tools and automation to deliver technology when and how our customers need it.Our EMEA Cloud Native Development Team consists of highly skilled professionals specializing in cloud native development on the three major public cloud platforms - AWS, Azure and GCP. We offer cloud native development and end-to-end testing – this is categorised into two main streams: 1) Application Modernization - where we modernize an existing application, and 2) Cloud Native Development of a net new application - in this case we build the application with latest cloud technologies like Serverless, Cloud SQL etc. ground up, fully taking advantage of all cloud native services. If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. We like people who get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job. You will be working in a dynamic environment and encouraged to come up with innovative solutions, putting our customers at the heart of every decision. German language skills (C1-C2) are essential.
- Participation in agile rituals (such as sprint planning, refinement, dailies, retrospectives, etc.)
- Planning, realization, documentation of the work packages agreed upon in the agile iterations (including epics, stories, tasks, bugs, etc.)
- Support of customer projects for the build-up and tear-down of cloud resources
- Planning, realization, documentation of project components for automating cloud resources
- Participate, support and help the customer’s Cloud Community with questions about the Cloud topic
- Plan, participate and lead rituals, such as daily, sprint showcase or red/brown bag sessions, etc.
- Monitoring of the customer’s Cloud Foundation cloud infrastructure and troubleshooting of outages.
- Operation and further development of the customer’s Self Service Portal Cloud Foundation
- Refactoring and rearchitecting of the existing Self Service Portal
- Experience in Java 11 including mvn, Spring Boot
- Basic AWS knowledge (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ECR, Dynamo DB etc)
- Infrastructure as Code: CDK, Terraform, Cloudformation or similar.
- Code versioning : GIT (Bitbucket, Gitlab, Github).
- Project organization tools: JIRA, Confluence
- Virtualization/container services : Docker
- RESTful web services and Domain Driven Design
- Authentication mechanisms such as SAML, OIDC or oAuth.
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Originally posted on Himalayas