Jr. Legal Counsel/Analyst & Compliance Liaison - Worldwide
19 days ago
About Airtm: Airtm believes in a world where people around the developing world are no longer limited by their local employment opportunities. A world where those that are being kept away from the global economy can unleash their global potential. We work to realize this vision by building end-to-end financial infrastructure capable of supporting low-value cross-border payments.About the role: Airtm is looking for a Jr. Legal Counsel Compliance Liaison with strong organizational and project management skills to support the Compliance and Legal team. The ideal candidate will have significant flexibility for operating in multiple systems, legal research skills, a keen attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and a practical problem-solving approach. What you’ll be responsible for:
- Support the Compliance and Legal teams with high profile, mission critical projects across the Company in areas including licensing requirements, filings and regulatory examination preparation, contract management, consumer privacy and compliance initiatives.
- Assist with identifying, implementing, and maintaining systems for creating, editing, storing, tracking, administering and managing new and amended contracts.
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining systems for advising loan officers with license requirements and tracking and reporting on the status of their compliance with such requirements.
- Assist with the management of regulatory exam preparation and reports.
- Build and implement processes to improve the company's operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented legal project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing projects to effective resolution.
- 2+ years of related experience (a combination of law firm and in-house experience focused on consumer financial services and technology would be ideal but not required).
- Proven ability to work with teams of multiple stakeholders as well as independently with limited guidance as a natural self-starter.
- Exceptional professionalism; strong work ethic; desire to learn and grow; and the flexibility needed to thrive in an innovative and fast-paced business environment.
Originally posted on Himalayas