Lead Analyst - Worldwide
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Do you want to join an exciting Analytics team at Merkle! We are hiring! As the Lead Analyst, you will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop analytics solutions, forecasts and models for Direct Mail marketing projects. You will report to VP, Analytics. This position is remote.
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including:
- Data Analysis and Mining
- Campaign performance reporting
- Audience file development
- Customer profiling
- Predictive models
- Segmentation analysis
- Help determine quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Help present ideas and findings to clients
- Support evaluation and improvement of current processes
- Help create best practices, case studies and training class materials
Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
Discover hidden insights or patterns through advanced data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
Implement advanced analytic tasks (including modeling, segmentation, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
Identity areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to: 1) improve client results, 2) increase efficiency, 3) reduce potential errors
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- 2-3 years of experience applying statistical techniques such as regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- Have core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- SQL skills required; Teradata experience a plus
- Excel skills required
- Experience with Tableau
The anticipated salary range for this position is.$78,000-$126,500 Actual salary will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other factors permitted by law. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Dentsu is the network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities in the sustainable economy. Taking a people-centered approach to business transformation, dentsu combines Japanese innovation with a diverse, global perspective to drive client growth and to shape society www.dentsu.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact your recruiter if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Originally posted on Himalayas