Lead Commercial Counsel - USA
Clari's Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance -helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here are you readyto achieve remarkable with us?
Clari is looking for a Lead Commercial Counsel to be a key member of the legal team and influential across all aspects of business partnership with Sales, Deal Desk, and Procurement. This role will be the owner of numerous foundational aspects of our growing legal department in service of our goal to scale efficiently and effectively.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Review, draft, negotiate and close all sales contracts and other commercial agreements with customers. Agreement types include: master services agreements, professional services agreements, order forms, statements of work
- Build and manage team of contract negotiators
- Identify contractual risks and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions
- Work cross-functionally with Deal Desk, Sales, Finance, and Operations teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory, and company policies and risk preferences
- Review and revise various forms of agreements and ensuring that contract terms are consistent with business objectives
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with the sales leadership team
- Lead initiatives to improve Clari's approach with our customers
- Keep technically abreast of trends and advancements related to company products and services, incorporating relevant changes into the overall process and anticipating their application in future projects
- 5+ years of relevant experience in negotiating software licensing and go-to-market commercial contracts (including DPAs), in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- In-house legal department experience at a high-growth SaaS company strongly preferred
- License to practice law in a US state strongly preferred
- Excellent legal and contract negotiation skills and experience negotiating with enterprise customers
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide pragmatic recommendations to all levels of management
- Knowledge of privacy trends (e.g. GDPR)
- Experience working with CLM software (e.g. Icertis or Ironclad) is a plus
- Experience working with enterprise-level sales teams and end-of-quarter deadlines
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition issues
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly 'take a break' days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
- It is Clari's intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari's compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
- Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education and certifications.
- The salary range for this position is $121,000 to $182,000. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You'll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We'd love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you'll bring your whole self to the job.