Lead QA Engineer - Worldwide
Zipdev is looking for a Lead QA Engineer to join our USA-based client; You will play a crucial role in advancing QA initiatives, including test automation, manual testing, and CI/CD infrastructure. Your technical leadership and mentorship will guide the engineering team toward skill development and career growth. You will manage QA workflows and oversee the output of QA and line engineers, ensuring high-quality standards. Staying up-to-date with the latest testing tools and strategies is essential, as you will contribute to the product roadmap prioritization, scoping, and initial test case development. Your input will be invaluable in identifying opportunities to improve our team and codebase quality.
- Identify and implement opportunities for test automation, enhancing our build-to-build solution.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering team, fostering skill development and career growth.
- Manage workflow processes and output of QA, as well as line engineers.
- Stay current with emerging testing tools and test strategies.
- Contribute to product roadmap prioritization, scoping, and initial test case development.
- Identify ways to elevate the team's performance and the quality of our codebases.
- Develop, maintain, and manage test plans and suites of test cases.
- Review requirements to provide timely and meaningful test prioritization and feedback.
- Balance manual and automated testing efforts judiciously.
- Report test metrics and results, identify defects, and collaborate closely with development teams to facilitate timely resolution.
Our Recruitment Process
- 15-minute Initial Call
- 20-minute take-home skills test
- 30-minute Call with the Recruiter (project, benefits, etc.)
- Interviews directly with the client (depending on the project the # of interviews may vary, this may include an assessment)
- Final Offer
- 7+ years of experience as a QA or other Engineer, encompassing both manual and automation testing.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA or delivery manager, including experience managing distributed teams.
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining Test Automation frameworks in CI/CD workflows (e.g., Selenium, Cypress).
- Strong opinions and experience in testing Web, APIs, Mobile apps, and Integrations.
- Detail-oriented project planning and execution focused on incremental, demonstrable improvements in code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, and proven ability to coach junior QA engineers
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Currently living in LATAM.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with performance and load testing.
- Command-line interface abilities in a cloud environment (e.g., GCP, AWS).
- Conversational proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese as a second (or native) language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention its REMOTE
Originally posted on Himalayas