Legal Counsel - Worldwide
23 days ago
Hello 👋! We make Octopus Deploy.We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out) Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.We’re looking for a USA-based Legal Counsel to start in February 2024 (with some flexibility for the right candidate). Reporting to the VP Legal, you will assist our Legal and Compliance team on a wide range of matters including commercial contracts, privacy and data security, corporate governance and securities, regulatory compliance, and employment. You will be a trusted advisor and representative of the company engaging with third parties to conclude agreements or obtain third party advice. You will have the opportunity to contribute towards building our internal legal processes and procedures as we continue to grow as a company, and grow your career along with the company. We are remote first and proudly operate in a high trust environment - no more timesheets, no more billable hours, and no more commute. If this sounds like you, keep reading. Salary range: USD $120,000 - $140,000 + stock options
A Typical Day Might Look Like:
- Responding to legal desk requests for customer or vendor contract reviews or requests for legal advice.
- Preparing reports on legal matters to executive management.
- Preparing and implementing legal policy.
- Researching regulatory developments in key markets.
- Instructing external advisors including law firms, auditing firms, and patent and trademark attorneys.
You'll Be A Great Fit If You:
- Reside in and have unrestricted working rights in the USA.
- 3-5 years post admission experience and eligibility to practice law as an in-house counsel (by admission, registration as in-house counsel, or otherwise as appropriate in your circumstances).
- Have experience, in private practice or in-house, in: intellectual property, software, SaaS contracts - experience with creative pricing and delivery models is an additional plus, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance.
- Can work from home and have a decent broadband connection for videoconferencing.
- Work well autonomously, as well as with others.
- Have some experience under your belt and understand the realities of life in a large enterprise.
- Are passionate about driving best practices and carrying out the legal role as an enabler, rather than a blocker, of business operations.
You'll Be An Even Better Fit If You:
- Have experience in: privacy law, employment law, securities law
- Have experience or qualifications in a complementary field e.g. Information Technology / Computer Science.
- Have experience giving advice in a global/cross-border environment or admission to practice in more than one country.
- Can work outside of business hours when required. We value work-life balance and believe that working overtime makes people less productive. We can't guarantee that everything will fall neatly into business hours, so where required, we encourage you to find a balance by taking time out during the day.
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- Annual leave of 25 x days.
- Parents receive 12 weeks of fully Paid Parental Leave.
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of disability, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate.
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How to Apply
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.
Originally posted on Himalayas