Localization Project Manager - Worldwide
18 days ago
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 400,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.comTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSEThe Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of client projects. The Project Manager works with the client to understand requirements and engages the global team in the fulfillment of these requirements, crafting client solutions based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation and Global Teamwork. The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment. Experience in the localization industry is required.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Project Manager:
- Experience with Machine Translation and NLP work processes are recommended.
- Technical Skills: JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk, and PowerBi.
- Project planning, scoping, requirements gathering and validation with client.
- Identifying and working with the relevant client and internal stakeholders to plan and resource projects appropriately in terms of quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Risk analysis and contingency planning (plan-do-check-act cycle).
- Leading the internal and external team to successful execution and delivery of client projects.
- Creating schedule and monitoring timeliness of delivery.
- Managing the budget and controlling project costs.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with the customer, internal teams and external suppliers.
- Overseeing project activities and ensuring resolution to any problems that may arise (corrective and preventive action).
- Actively seeking ways to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
- Reporting, both in written and verbal form, to internal and external stakeholders regarding Project scope, financials, progress and status, formally and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Ensuring finance systems are kept up to date and accurate.
- Process documentation and knowledge management.
- Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
Measures of Success
- Delivery of services in line with core KPIs for project management, which include but are not limited to:
- client satisfaction;
- on-time delivery;
- cost control and profitability;
- revenue throughput;
- client growth.
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
- Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Demonstrated success at managing large accounts and/or projects.
- Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
- Proven experience in development of processes and ideas.
- Experience in financial management and budget to actual management.
- Customer relationship management and business development skills to drive organic growth.
- Must be available to travel for work related commitments.
Other Relevant Skills
- Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment.
- Ability to cope with high pressure caused by one or more project management elements such as quality, turnaround time, resource or budget constraint.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to learn and master quickly the technology, tools and processes required by the account.
- The ability to train a Project Coordinator on projects/processes.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university in related filed or relevant working experience.
Originally posted on Himalayas