Manager, Accounting Advisory - USA
Baker Tilly US, LLP
We are currently searching for a Manager to join our Accounting Advisory practice in the Northeastern US, you will work closely with upper management of Baker Tilly's publicly-traded and privately held clients, supporting them and their auditors as a subject matter expert and leading them through complex accounting matters and related conclusions. Strong leadership, communication, project management, and team building skills are required to successfully lead project teams and interact with clients on all aspects of engagements. You will work closely with Partners and others, as well as independently, to identify and pursue business development initiatives and to win specific engagement opportunities through scoping and budgeting engagement needs. Your immediate responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure client satisfaction through engagement and interaction with client executives and engagement sponsors
- Be accessible and anticipate client needs, questions, and issues.
- Schedule internal and external deadlines to meet client expectations for delivery
- Display broad understanding of activities and interests of other disciplines and play pivotal role in gaining client interest
- Handle heavy load, including complex/demanding clients
- Deliver quality services in both routine and complex situations requiring innovation while being sought out as a consulting resource
- Understand firm's strategy, practice areas, and service offerings and participate in proposals and presentations leading to new engagements
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues in the office, other service lines, and engagement/project teams
- Play major role in implementation of technical/industry/functional programs while being acknowledged as an expert in the firm
- Contribute to firm's efforts to attract, retain, and develop staff and act as mentor
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, Master's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Active CPA license
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with a combination of public accounting audit, corporate financial accounting, and/or finance process consulting
- Proven leadership, communication, project management, and team building skills
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience leading large or simultaneous client engagements or internal projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (public speaking skills a plus) with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Must be highly organized and capable of managing multiple tasks in a complex, dynamic environment
- This position is remote, preferably located within the Northeastern US
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without future sponsorship
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
The compensation range for this role is $113,640 to $240,850. Actual compensation is influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, qualifications, and geographic location.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.